New malamute puppy wont go pee at all?

She has been in our home for 3 days. She had an accident in the house the first night. I didn't scold her or anything. Now she wont go. It's been 14 hours since her last pee. She is drinking tons. She is pooping just fine outside. Just wont pee for me.…

She has been in our home for 3 days. She had an accident in the house the first night. I didn't scold her or anything. Now she wont go. It's been 14 hours since her last pee. She is drinking tons. She is pooping just fine outside. Just wont pee for me.…...
    General Dog Discussions : New malamute puppy wont go pee at all?...

• New malamute puppy wont go pee at all?

New malamute puppy wont go pee at all? General Dog Discussions
      She has been in our home for 3 days. She had an accident in the house the first night. I didn't scold her or anything. Now she wont go. It's been 14 hours since her last pee. She is drinking tons. She is pooping just fine outside. Just wont pee for me. Breeder told us she was paper trained and she wont go there either. I took her for several walks and still nothing.

New malamute puppy wont go pee at all? General Dog Discussions
    • Other than "take her to the vet", here's my best advice for a possible diagnosis:Get a good quick butt thermometer. We got one when our dog was sick that was a flexible-tipped, 7-second digital at Walgreen's for like $15. (quicker is better when you need to stick it in a dog's butt!) Lube it up, pop it in, take her temp. Dog temp is usually between 100-102. If its higher, its a good indicator of a urinary tract infection. (well, the temp along with the not peeing could be.) Drinking lots of water is usually an indicator of UTI as well, but it usually goes along with lots of peeing. The thing is, once its gotten kinda bad (which is easy to do as a pup with an undeveloped immune system), it hurts, and they don't want to pee. If it turns out it is a UTI, antibiotics from the vet will do the trick. Just make sure she finishes the full prescription.Another thing - our dog who recently ended up with a UTI (as a result of not peeing because of a back injury) was put on too strong a dose of antibiotics to start with. If your pup is given antibiotics by the vet, pay attention to possible signs of overdose or allergic reaction. If you notice any, stop the dose until you talk to the vet about it. Shaking (muscle twitching), heavy panting (when there's no apparent reason for it), swelling, etc., can all be signs of too much. This probably won't happen, but since we recently experienced it with our dog, and our vet told us nothing of potential side effects, we had to find out on our own.