i gve calcium overdose to my 2 month GSD, he now showed symptoms of HipDysplasia and on Xray it ws confrmed?

i gave calcium overdose to my 2 month German shepherd Dog, on advice of friends, dog trainer and a doctor that calcium dose to be increased 1 spoon every 20 days starting from 1 spoon per meal. by 1 month i went up to 4-5 spoons or sometimes even higher…

i gve calcium overdose to my 2 month GSD, he now showed symptoms of HipDysplasia and on Xray it ws confrmed?

i gave calcium overdose to my 2 month German shepherd Dog, on advice of friends, dog trainer and a doctor that calcium dose to be increased 1 spoon every 20 days starting from 1 spoon per meal. by 1 month i went up to 4-5 spoons or sometimes even higher…...
    General Dog Discussions : i gve calcium overdose to my 2 month GSD, he now showed symptoms of HipDysplasia and on Xray it ws confrmed?...

• i gve calcium overdose to my 2 month GSD, he now showed symptoms of HipDysplasia and on Xray it ws confrmed?

i gve calcium overdose to my 2 month GSD, he now showed symptoms of HipDysplasia and on Xray it ws confrmed? General Dog Discussions
      i gave calcium overdose to my 2 month German shepherd Dog, on advice of friends, dog trainer and a doctor that calcium dose to be increased 1 spoon every 20 days starting from 1 spoon per meal. by 1 month i went up to 4-5 spoons or sometimes even higher in his meal, he eventually started showing some hopping in his rear legs, i rushed to vet for checkup and on Xray, it ws found he suffered Hip DysplasiaI went up to other Vets and asked, they clearly told me to abandon the calcium supplements which could lead to hip dysplasia and other joint problems.,i feel very bad what i did to my dog,. as it was my first bog and i was over curious for everything and i got wrong advice from couple of places so i dint really realised what wrong it went.it showed mild dysplasia in 2.5 month old puppy. german shpherdothr factors i suspect is - hard and slippery floor, where my dog usually run and play ..######steps i took 1. carpet the room where he usually plays2. giving him 2 times walk3. abandon the use of supplements4. avoiding him running on hard floor 5. restricted the jumping and climbing on stairs or on from bedQQ is .. is there any other thing i can do to improve health of my dog.is Hip dysplasia curable ?i really love my dog and feel very very bad ..n sorry for bad english .:)

i gve calcium overdose to my 2 month GSD, he now showed symptoms of HipDysplasia and on Xray it ws confrmed? General Dog Discussions
    • HD is a heritable disease. It may be that the calcium supplements aggravated the problem, but it may simply be that he already had it. Also, at that age, since you've stopped the supplements, he may be able to re-absorb it. Also, from everything that I've read, you can't know for sure at that young an age whether he has HD or not. Four months is the earliest you can test it and it's actually an accurate prediction. I would wait a couple of months and then get another x-ray. If you're in North America, I would get his hips x-rayed by a vet who is PennHIP certified. They are trained in how to position the dog's legs and x-ray them, where as most vets are not. I don't know what countries other than Canada and the USA use. Hip Displasia is not curable, as it is an inherited disease. You can however improve its health by giving him a very high quality food. Personally, I like Orijen and Acana, although there are others that are very good as well. You might also try massaging his legs a little, although that may not really help any. Other than that, it sounds like you're doing everything you can to help him.http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/