Need help? My puppy is pooing out worms that look like white rice?

I just noticed this today. They look like little rice. Anyone know what this is and if they have over the conter medicine that i can give him. And is it contagious, i have one other dog.

Need help? My puppy is pooing out worms that look like white rice?

I just noticed this today. They look like little rice. Anyone know what this is and if they have over the conter medicine that i can give him. And is it contagious, i have one other dog....
    General Dog Discussions : Need help? My puppy is pooing out worms that look like white rice?...

• Your puppy has worms, go to your local pet supply and purchase deworming medicine, it's not very expensive. It is vital that you treat this problem, the worms are eating up all the food and nutrients that you are feeding your pup, they will literally fill up his abdominal cavity and starve him to death. Treat it now.

• it is tapeworms and you need to get that taken care of before it gets worse. take a poop sample to your vet and they will be able to give you something to cure it very fast. the only way it can be contagious is your other dog eats poop. they can get it from eating poop that flies have landed on and laid their eggs. your puppy should have been wormed before you brought him home. the best thing you should do is take him to the vet and have him looked at. they can't die from worms but it will get worse before it gets better. i breed golden retrievers and i worm my pups at 6 weeks, then again at 10 weeks and then once again at 14 weeks. well good luck and i hope you get rid of the worms

• yep one dog can get worms from the other... get PANCUR from 1800petmeds or better yet go to the vet and get worm medicine,,, you won't need to bring the dog,, just bring the stool sample - this isn't an expensive fix... easy

• THEIR TAPE WORMS! AND IF YOU ARE SEEING THEM IN THE STOOL THAT MEANS THEY HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE. TAKE THEM SERIOUSLY! IF NOT TAKEN CARE OF BY A VET, YOUR PUPPY COULD DIE. THEIR A PARASITE AND EACH SEGMENT HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BECOME ANOTHER WORM IF INGESTED, THEY ALSO EXPEL EGGS IN THE STOOL. ANY MAMMAL CAN GET TAPEWORMS, INCLUDING HUMANS. THEY CAN GROW TO BE WILL OVER 15 TO 20 YARDS LONG AND ATTACH THEMSELVES TO THE INTESTINES. GET TO THE VET! NOW. I HOPE THEY HAVE NOT SPREAD AND YOUR PUP WILL BE OK...GOOD LUCK.

• It is tapeworms and no it isn't transferable to other pets or people.Dogs/cats get tapeworms from fleas or from eating rodents (mice, rats, moles, rabbits)Do NOT use any OTC dewormer..they are ineffective and they can be very dangerous to your dog including death. Get the proepr medication from your vet and keep your dogs treated for fleas with a good safe flea treatment from your vet.PEOPLE TAPEWORMS ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE TO OTHER PETS OR TO PEOPLE EXCEPT THROUGH FLEAS OR INGESTING RODENTS!!!!!!!!**** tapeworms are NOT an emergency..the puppy does NOT need to be taken to the vet..the owner can simply go to his vet and ask for tapeworm medication for his puppy..he will need to know the puppy's weight so if he doesn't then he will need to take the puppy with him to be weighed*******