How can I disenfect a dog house from mange?

Bleach is your best bet. THen scup it up with some car soup or something after with.

Bleach is your best bet. THen scup it up with some car soup or something after with....
    General Dog Discussions : How can I disenfect a dog house from mange?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How can I disenfect a dog house from mange?

How can I disenfect a dog house from mange? General Dog Discussions
      Bleach is your best bet. THen scup it up with some car soup or something after with.

How can I disenfect a dog house from mange? General Dog Discussions
    • from the websites ive read, i think its best you just buy a new one and keep it from getting too soiled. theres not much out there on disinfecting a doghouse, if its that bad, that you need to disinfect, its time for a new one!using the old house, no matter how much you think its cleaned up, could still have traces of infection,in this case, mange.bleach will only irritate the dogs eyes.good luck

• If your dog had sarcoptic mange, bleach everything possible. That should take care of it.If your dog had demodox mange, don't worry about it. Demodex mites are present on all dogs. They normally live peacefully there without a problem. Some dogs, usually when they are puppies can have problems with these. But they aren't contagious.

• You don't disinfect for mange... it is caused by a mite...so it is like a bug. There are two types of mange. If your dog had Demodex... no need to disinfect at all... its not contageous. If your dog had Sarcoptes...the I'd spray the dog house with an insecticide that is labled to kill mites. Those are easy to kill with most "bug" killers.

• If it was demodex mange, it isnt contagious to other pets. So there would be no reason to disinfect the dog house. How ever if it was scarcopic mange, that is contagious. Use a bleach solution to disinfect and make sure to rinse thoroughly. Though I am not sure that the scarcopic mite could survive in a doghouse all that long anyways.

• I had a dog which had the mange, now I am getting a new dog and was going to use the same dog house. Just wondering how I could clean the dog house to make sure the new dog doesn't get infected with the mange also.