What should i do if my dog developed heat stroke yesterday and is in bad condition?

My dog yesterday developed heatstroke as he got himself stuck in the sun for the part of the day. When i found him he struggled to stand and threw up constantly. Now the next day he still only drinks water and has stopped throwing up, he does not urinate…

What should i do if my dog developed heat stroke yesterday and is in bad condition?

My dog yesterday developed heatstroke as he got himself stuck in the sun for the part of the day. When i found him he struggled to stand and threw up constantly. Now the next day he still only drinks water and has stopped throwing up, he does not urinate…...
    General Dog Discussions : What should i do if my dog developed heat stroke yesterday and is in bad condition?...

• What should i do if my dog developed heat stroke yesterday and is in bad condition?

What should i do if my dog developed heat stroke yesterday and is in bad condition? General Dog Discussions
      My dog yesterday developed heatstroke as he got himself stuck in the sun for the part of the day. When i found him he struggled to stand and threw up constantly. Now the next day he still only drinks water and has stopped throwing up, he does not urinate nor eat and walks very slowly and just lays down all of the time should there be cause for alarm? thanks in advance

What should i do if my dog developed heat stroke yesterday and is in bad condition? General Dog Discussions
    • You already asked this question. Your dog needs to go to a different vet since the first vet only gave him an injection. Your dog should have received I.V. fluid therapy since he had to have been severely dehydrated at a minimum. And, you said he struggled on some type of line - did it appear that his windpipe was obstructed. He could also have sustained some brain damage if the heat stroke was severe enough and if his airway was in any way obstructed.Call a different vet and explain the symptoms. He will want you to bring the dog in.

• Take to vet immediately. There is a risk of kidney and other organ failure. If he was exercizing hard the sun it will be far worse as the muscles will start to break down and toxify the blood. (Hyperacute Exertional Rhabdomyolysis)