I don't know how to help my puppy?

She's a 4 month old blue heeler/english pointer mix.I got her from people that were giving away puppies in a box at wal mart... VERY adorable, fun loving, SMART puppy! I am so attached to her theres NO way I would give her to anyone or take her to a…

She's a 4 month old blue heeler/english pointer mix.I got her from people that were giving away puppies in a box at wal mart... VERY adorable, fun loving, SMART puppy! I am so attached to her theres NO way I would give her to anyone or take her to a…...
    General Dog Discussions : I don't know how to help my puppy?...

• I don't know how to help my puppy?

I don't know how to help my puppy? General Dog Discussions
      She's a 4 month old blue heeler/english pointer mix.I got her from people that were giving away puppies in a box at wal mart... VERY adorable, fun loving, SMART puppy! I am so attached to her theres NO way I would give her to anyone or take her to a shelter but she has some health problems and they wont go away and I've been spending so much money taking her to the vet week after week and she isn't getting better!!!Here's the deal, a month ago she went peepee and a greenish yellow discharge came out so I took her straight to the vet and they said she had a UTI, gave her antibiotics for a week. Did not help one bit. soooo I take her back and they say she has ulcers causing the discharge and tell me I have to take her once a week for 3 weeks to get a pee test and so they can put ointment in her girly parts and I gave her 2 diff. pills, 2 times a day until they ran out. this was costing me 50 dollars a week on top of what I paid for all of her shots, de worming, etc. Last week I noticed she was getting thin patches of fur so I took her up there AGAIN and they tell me she has Dermo-something mange (not sarcoptic) They said it was inherited from her mother and that it was genetic and she could never have puppies but they also said it was not contagious to humans or other dogs and they gave her a dip of some kind which made her sleepy for 4 days! So that was 75 dollars and its been a week and her mange is getting worse and her discharge is back. So I have spent all of this money to fix my poor puppy and she isnt any better!!!! She doesnt act sick, she's very playful and eats all of her food but I am so worried for her especially about the discharge because everyhting online says that its very very bad and the dog can die from that so why haven't all these pills and vet visits made my puppy any better and what should I do?? are there other options? home remedies? I need some kind of help! I love my puppy and want her to be healthy!

I don't know how to help my puppy? General Dog Discussions
    • If you aren't getting results, change your vet. The mange sounds accurate, but it isn't genetic and nothing else is really true. If you love your puppy, you need to change your vet as soon as possible because whatever the illness is, it doesn't sound like a normal puppy disease, like kennel cough. Good luck!