Am i allowed to bring my puppy across the border?

My puppy is about 15 weeks old, and i was wondering if i could bring her over to the United States Of America (across the border)* Please answer ASAP, we're planning on going tomorrow.Thanks so much![We would be travelling from Canada to the USA…

My puppy is about 15 weeks old, and i was wondering if i could bring her over to the United States Of America (across the border)* Please answer ASAP, we're planning on going tomorrow.Thanks so much![We would be travelling from Canada to the USA…...
    General Dog Discussions : Am i allowed to bring my puppy across the border?...

• Am i allowed to bring my puppy across the border?

Am i allowed to bring my puppy across the border? General Dog Discussions
      My puppy is about 15 weeks old, and i was wondering if i could bring her over to the United States Of America (across the border)* Please answer ASAP, we're planning on going tomorrow.Thanks so much![We would be travelling from Canada to the USA (Buffalo)]She has her first 2 vaccinations, and her de-worming.

Am i allowed to bring my puppy across the border? General Dog Discussions
    • I think she has to be given all her shots, then be quarantined twice, and you have to get a lot of papers. It's gonna take a LOT longer than a day. Leave her with a friend. The next time you come back, do all the paperwork and the crazy pet traveling crud, then bring her over.

• Dogs may enter the USA if accompanied by a valid rabies vaccination certificate issued, in either English or French, by a licensed veterinarian, which clearly identifies the dogs and shows that they are currently vaccinated against rabies. This certificate should identify the animal, as in breed, colour, weight, etc., plus indicate the name of the licensed rabies vaccine used (trade name), serial number and duration of validity (up to three years). Please note that if a validity date does not appear on the certificate, then it will be considered a one-year vaccine.If you do not have the rabies certificate, an inspector will order the owner to have the animals vaccinated for rabies and to provide the vaccination certificate to an inspector, all at the owner’s expense.

• No. You need a health certificate which involves way too much paperwork and, of course, quarantine time. Do not try to bring an animal into the U.S. without all the necessary paperwork, you will be stopped at the border and your animal will be held. It can be done but the process is such that you can't do it on the spur of the moment.

• You are supposed to have a rabies vaccination certificate from a vet in English for dogs over 3 months old. In practice, as long as it's obviously a family pet and shows no signs of any disease, they aren't likely to ask for the certificate but you should always have it when you cross. I've crossed the border both ways many times with various dogs and haven't been asked for the paperwork yet, though they did once confiscate my Canadian-made dog fod because it had beef in it, and there was a mad cow disease scare happening at the time. Now I would take the same food but put it in a US dog food bag.