How do I get my dog to be less aggressive towards other dogs and people?

I suggest you go to www.dogtrainsupply.com. There is videos, a Ebook, books, and answered questions to help you.Hope I helped.

I suggest you go to www.dogtrainsupply.com. There is videos, a Ebook, books, and answered questions to help you.Hope I helped....
    General Dog Discussions : How do I get my dog to be less aggressive towards other dogs and people?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I get my dog to be less aggressive towards other dogs and people?

How do I get my dog to be less aggressive towards other dogs and people? General Dog Discussions
      I suggest you go to www.dogtrainsupply.com. There is videos, a Ebook, books, and answered questions to help you.Hope I helped.

How do I get my dog to be less aggressive towards other dogs and people? General Dog Discussions
    • Here are two articles on aggression and how to handle it;http://www.dogobedienceadvice.com/how_curb_canine_aggression.phphttp://www.dog-obedience-training-review.com/dog-to-dog-aggression.htmlhere is how to introduce a new dog into your household;http://www.puplife.com/pages/bringing-a-new-dog-home-teaching-two-dogs-to-get-along

• You find a good trainer to assist you to become a confident leader that your dog needs. It sounds like he's never had the leadership he needs and has taken the position himself. Part of doing this is to put him on an nilif (nothing in life is free) program as well as daily obedience training and a power walk daily. A power walk is one where he must walk on a loose lead at your side or slightly behind you without stopping unless you call a break first. These things will take time to achieve and you should start out with no distractions until the dog understands what's expected. Once he understands the routine, you add distractions slowly.I would teach him to wear a basket-style muzzle by associating it with good things such as treats, walks, playtime, etc. This way you'll be able to relax knowing he won't be able to bite anyone (assuming he might). You being relaxed and confident is the best way to make him confident in your leadership and able to relax himself.If you do get another dog, keep the two separated except under very careful supervision until you get the aggression under control. And, be aware that some dogs do not ever get along with other dogs and you might have to make the decision to separate the two always or re-home one. Just something to be aware of before deciding to add a 2nd dog.

• My dog is 7 and I am thinking of adopting another dog. He is an aggressive dog until he trusts you. How do i train my dog to be less aggressive towards others? Thanks!

• Its not a good idea to bring in another dog when one shows signs of aggression.This is something you can work on but to be honest there is always a chance the dog will become aggressive again when you least expect it.