6 month old puppy won't eat and is throwing up white foam.?

My uncle gave me a puppy (he's a chihuahua mix) and last night he was perfectly normal and playful. When I brought him home I fed him some dog food (pedigree) and he ate the meat. Later that night around 12 am I woke up to splashing noises thinking he…

My uncle gave me a puppy (he's a chihuahua mix) and last night he was perfectly normal and playful. When I brought him home I fed him some dog food (pedigree) and he ate the meat. Later that night around 12 am I woke up to splashing noises thinking he…...
    General Dog Discussions : 6 month old puppy won't eat and is throwing up white foam.?...

• 6 month old puppy won't eat and is throwing up white foam.?

6 month old puppy won't eat and is throwing up white foam.? General Dog Discussions
      My uncle gave me a puppy (he's a chihuahua mix) and last night he was perfectly normal and playful. When I brought him home I fed him some dog food (pedigree) and he ate the meat. Later that night around 12 am I woke up to splashing noises thinking he was peeing. I look over to see that he had diarrhea and it was really white (and smelled HORRIBLE). Okay so this morning I took him outside and he was searching for grass (we hardly have any, practically all weeds) and he had diarrhea again. I came home from school and he drank some water, but he wouldn't eat at all. He would just walk straight into my room and cry to get on my bed. He practically slept all day today. He would hardly wag his tail and he just did not want to get up. He threw up maybe about 4-5 times in the past couple hours and he just finished pooping and throwing up on my bed room floor. When he recently threw up he was throwing up white foam. And his diarrhea was reddish brownish. I called my dad and he said he will take him to the vet for me, but that won't be till after work in the afternoon. I just want to know what's going on and if he can possibly die if we wait that long..Sorry this is kind of long but yeah!!

6 month old puppy won't eat and is throwing up white foam.? General Dog Discussions
    • You need to get him to the vet as fast as possible because my puppy got parvo and almost died and this is almost exactly what happened to him.if im right,he will stop drinking and he could die so you need to get him to the vet because even if im wrong about the parvo,he still sounds sick.Btw when they eat grass their stomach is upset.

• You should look up your vets number and call them RIGHT NOW. Puppies can die fairly easily if they become ill, and no one is more qualified to attempt a diagnosis than a trained professional. So I wouldn't waste any more time looking on yahoo answers. Just speak to your vet now, and be sure to describe everything that you have written in your question.I hope your puppy is okay!

• Well my puppy did the samething. i just think mabe its the food try to change it up instead of meat try it with some hard food but crunch it up alittle instead of feeding him meat it work for me.

• My family had a puppy that would not eat or drink. He would just hang his head in the water dish. We took him to the vet, he was pooping blood and puking foamy stuff. I know if you catch it early enough the vet can help you. You need to get him help Fast.