Would it be a bad idea if I brought a 1 month year old chihuahua with a 10 year old border collie?

My border collie is a very nice dog, she never bites at all, and she is very nice. Whenever she interacts with other dogs she is very nice, she barely barks, so would it be a bad idea?

Would it be a bad idea if I brought a 1 month year old chihuahua with a 10 year old border collie?

My border collie is a very nice dog, she never bites at all, and she is very nice. Whenever she interacts with other dogs she is very nice, she barely barks, so would it be a bad idea?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Would it be a bad idea if I brought a 1 month year old chihuahua with a 10 year old border collie?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Would it be a bad idea if I brought a 1 month year old chihuahua with a 10 year old border collie?

Would it be a bad idea if I brought a 1 month year old chihuahua with a 10 year old border collie? Dog Breed Discussions
      My border collie is a very nice dog, she never bites at all, and she is very nice. Whenever she interacts with other dogs she is very nice, she barely barks, so would it be a bad idea?

Would it be a bad idea if I brought a 1 month year old chihuahua with a 10 year old border collie? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I have a 110 lb pit bull and I got a 3lb chihuahua. They are best friends. Oh Kane the pit bull is 7 Years old. He has always loved small animals. friends with a cat,yeah he was thrown out of the pit-bull club. I say go for it!

• If the BC is well socialized and, as you said, is very nice and gets along great with other dogs then why not? She might enjoy the company of another little dog in the house! Be sure to be careful though, Chihuahuas are very small and fragile so even if your girl is fine, I wouldn't leave them alone for fear something might happen to the little one.Also, try introducing them at a dog park or some place neutral and see how they do before bringing the chi home.Best of luck!- Kreyol TerriersEDIT: btw, i'm not sure if you mean 1 month or 1 year. 1 month is 4 weeks and therefore to young to be away from mom. Small breeds are suggested to go home at 12 - 16 weeks of age.

• a one month old dog should still be with there mom. but if for some reason there is no mom in the picture its best she is kept away from other dogs until she is vaccinated properly so she has a stronger immune system.. but after that she should be fine with your border collie. they will get usto each other and love each other. i am a dog groomer and we get lots of small dogs with dogs ten times there size and they love to be together. the biggest difference in dogs i have seen so far is a full grown german shepard with a minnie poodle.