How can you tell a good veterinarian hospital from a bad one?

What should I be looking out for? I'm in need of a vet for my new puppy. The counselors at the dumb friends league advised me to find one as soon as possible.

What should I be looking out for? I'm in need of a vet for my new puppy. The counselors at the dumb friends league advised me to find one as soon as possible....
    General Dog Discussions : How can you tell a good veterinarian hospital from a bad one?...

• How can you tell a good veterinarian hospital from a bad one?

How can you tell a good veterinarian hospital from a bad one? General Dog Discussions
      What should I be looking out for? I'm in need of a vet for my new puppy. The counselors at the dumb friends league advised me to find one as soon as possible.

How can you tell a good veterinarian hospital from a bad one? General Dog Discussions
    • Do you have any neighbors that have dogs? If so, ask them who they use, how long they've been taking their dogs to the that practice, and if they would recommend them or not. You could also ask friends and family members that own dogs. Although the point is trying to find a good Vet, it's always a plus if you can find one closest to your home as possible. Actually, another idea would be to go to the Pet Section of your local Craigslist and ask there. I know that section is for re-homing animals, but I've seen this sort of posting many times and it's never been flagged for removal. Just post which city you live in and see what responses you end up getting. You can also try posting this question on YA, but put it in the *local business* section. (make sure you put it in the right area as to where you live)

• Ask your friends who they take their animal to, and if your friends are happy with the vet.You should also not go into a waiting area and smell urine, etc. If it smells bad there, it's a sign they don't do enough to keep the animal treatment areas clean-I take that as a sign they lack professionalism.

• ask around, have a look at some, it should look clean, the staff should be friendly and polite, are they willing to present facts and answer questions openly and honestly leaving it up too you too weigh out the option as the owner where there are suchif you are in the states, because its a heavy run for topic, i would call around and ask about information about fixing your dog, the backsides and upsides of itregardless of you already having descided or not, the fact is a good vet should be honest with you and give you both sides of it, not just push you to do what he think is bestget prices from several, what is the average for something to be done at, and if someone are more expensable, ask why, do they have a reasonable explanation why it cost more with them then the average?basic gist ask questions, and evaluate the answers

• Get inside and tell that your dog have a very serious hillness but you don't have a lot of money if they visit the dog anyway it's the right place to take seriously care of your dog, if they reject you because of the money they will be very bad doctor, belive me!Because, this kind of people have no shame in giving unecessary drugs and cure to your dog just because they've been payd from the drugs corporation represenatives and in the deep of theyr heart they didn't even whant your dog to be healty, 'cause a healty dog is not a good business for them!Avoid tanned doctors with beautiful cars and fancy studio, 'cause they have to pay the mortage for all that unecessary items and the only way is keeping your dog unhealty so you keep payn for drugs and examinations! Exactly the same that happens in the USA for human people nowadays, but worst 'cause dog can't complain!I take my dog under diet for 8 years when I lived in europe, giving him pills of every kind for a recurring dhiareeha due to a supposed intestinal problem... then I moved to Koh Samui (TH)......the dogs started to live free along with stray dogs and started to eat small animals in the jungle and trash from the litter... he never ever get diahreha again in his life (now it's 12y).So my suggestion is: people who really care for him are the best doctor, people who wants to make money over him are the worst!