How to take care of my dog?

How to take care of my dog?...
    General Dog Discussions : How to take care of my dog?...

• How to take care of my dog?

How to take care of my dog? General Dog Discussions

How to take care of my dog? General Dog Discussions
    • How about the obvious: take the dog outside about every 4-5 hours(varying on dog of course). Feed everyday and groom the dog(both vary depending on breed of dog). Now it's really important to play and pet the dog because this will not only form a bond between the two of you, but dogs also need exercise. Make sure the dog has it's shots and it's recommended to get the dog fixed. But most of all give the dog lots of love!

• 1. Feed the dog on suitable dog food twice every day. Give him/her one size-appropriate meal every morning and another size-appropriate meal every evening. Despite what you may think, it is much better, in terms of the dog's weight and health, to give him/her two nutritious meals every day rather than just one as it can prevent the dog from scavenging and eating unhealthy foods. 2. Take the dog out for exercise regularly. Consult your veterinarian and/or another dog expert about how often you should do this and do not take them outside your property until you know that they have had all of their starter, "puppy" vaccinations. 3. Groom your dog regularly. Consult a breed expert and/or a general dog expert about this and only bathe them when they are dirty. 4. Take your dog to see a vet regularly. Take him/her in to see them at least twice a year (for vaccinations and check-ups), and always take them in to see them if you think they may be sick and/or injured. 5. Get them micro-chipped. You may here some horror stories about how micro-chips have injured or even killed dogs before but, if he/she is chipped using a good micro-chip company and by a good veterinarian, the risks of anything that bad happening to your dog are very low. On the contrast, the benefits that micro-chipping the dog could hold, if he/she were to ever go missing, are very high. 6. Consider getting your dog spayed/neutered. The benefits of these ops include: * The fact that it could do your dog a lot of good. It can prevent them from getting certain types of cancer and can make them live longer. * The fact that it will make him/her unable to have or father unwanted puppies. In a world where millions, if not billions, of dogs are suffering and dying due to overpopulation-related reasons (did you know that one dog every hour is destroyed by local authorities due to their not being taken home by anyone in the UK or that about five to seven million animals are killed due to same sort of reasons in shelters across the USA every year?), why risk it? * The fact that it could greatly improve the dog's behaviour. If your dog is male, it could calm him down and make him less likely to wander off in search of a mate. If your dog is female, it will prevent her from coming into season and becoming snappy and irritable for that reason. It could also calm her down as well. 6. Give your dog plenty of love and attention. I cannot stress how important this is here. Dogs really do need to feel loved and wanted, just like most human beings. 7. Always try to either get good quality, professional care for your dog whilst you are out or get someone else who knows about and cares about dogs to look after him/her when you go away.you could get prosecuted for animal cruelty for going away for longer than about two days and leaving the dog to fend for him/herself, and making sure that someone will take care of the dog even if you are only going out for the day (the RSPCA recommend that you do not leave dogs alone for more than four hours at the most) is also a good idea. Best of luck.