My dog is sick and in pain but my parents won't take him to the vet?

What can I do?I'm extremely annoyed and angry at my parents because they won't take him to the vet, in-fact he's only been to the vet once or twice in the 7 years we've had him, and that was because he was a puppy and needed vaccinations.I've never seen…

What can I do?I'm extremely annoyed and angry at my parents because they won't take him to the vet, in-fact he's only been to the vet once or twice in the 7 years we've had him, and that was because he was a puppy and needed vaccinations.I've never seen…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog is sick and in pain but my parents won't take him to the vet?...

• My dog is sick and in pain but my parents won't take him to the vet?

My dog is sick and in pain but my parents won't take him to the vet? General Dog Discussions
      What can I do?I'm extremely annoyed and angry at my parents because they won't take him to the vet, in-fact he's only been to the vet once or twice in the 7 years we've had him, and that was because he was a puppy and needed vaccinations.I've never seen him like this though, right now he's outside (he's not allowed inside, trust me, I've tried) and he sometimes he just randomly screams and cries and stops for a while, I seriously don't know what's wrong!It's late at night now so he can't go to the vet but my parents wouldn't take him any way, they're SO stingy and uninformed, I've badgered them constantly and nothing will work.I'm only 15 and I can't drive and I don't have any money so I feel extremely helpless...

My dog is sick and in pain but my parents won't take him to the vet? General Dog Discussions
    • When morning comes call you local animal warden and tell them this story.And beg them to come and get the dog before it dies.Your parents are committing animal abuse by not providing proper medical care for this dog.

• Its so sad when parents who are supposed to bring there children up properly don't ,They allow there children to witness animal cruelty and its just so sad,This dog obviously needs some medical help and there are emergency vets that are open 24/7 so your parents could if they wanted to take this dog ,If they wont take the dog to the vet there is nothing you can do other than phone a humane society and get them to come out and take the dog ,It would mean its not your dog any more ,But if this dog is that sick and in pain what choice do you have ,I really feel for you its a sad situtaion

• The dog sounds distressed bored and in pain, it's hard to know what's wrong with him but neighbours must hear the dog crying./ Phone the local animal rescue places act as a concerned neighbour as your parents would not like you to report them, also do it from an outside phone box.Your parents are bullying cowards who hate to think of paying for the dog's treatment. There are many things you can do for example show them our replies, if the dog dies then it's cruelty and neglect charges.

• In most places in the world, it's illegal to withhold proper Vet care for a dog that's in pain and suffering. If one of your neighbors calls the authorities on your Parents, maybe that's the only way they'll get a wake-up call. This is animal neglect, border-lining abuse. This is one of those instances when the teen is smarter and more caring than the adults in the household, and you can tell them I said that. Perhaps another adult will help them change their mind. Do you have an Aunt, Uncle, Grandmother, etc., for example, that you can talk to and ask them to talk to your Parents about this? If not, you yourself can call the Authorities, making an anonymous call, and tell them what's going on. They'll come out to your home to see if the dog is in need of medical attention, which I'm sure it is.