Getting a baby girl Shih Tzu Help with the names and how do I train her!?

I'm getting a baby girl Shih Tzu! She's only a baby and I'm going to need to train her, and a name! Can anybody help me with a namefor her? How do I train her? The people say she's good and she was sweet when I met her, but she came frm a puppy mill so…

I'm getting a baby girl Shih Tzu! She's only a baby and I'm going to need to train her, and a name! Can anybody help me with a namefor her? How do I train her? The people say she's good and she was sweet when I met her, but she came frm a puppy mill so…...
    General Dog Discussions : Getting a baby girl Shih Tzu Help with the names and how do I train her!?...

• Getting a baby girl Shih Tzu Help with the names and how do I train her!?

Getting a baby girl Shih Tzu Help with the names and how do I train her!? General Dog Discussions
      I'm getting a baby girl Shih Tzu! She's only a baby and I'm going to need to train her, and a name! Can anybody help me with a namefor her? How do I train her? The people say she's good and she was sweet when I met her, but she came frm a puppy mill so is she going to be bad?

Getting a baby girl Shih Tzu Help with the names and how do I train her!? General Dog Discussions
    • I used to have two female shih-tzus. Well, they were my parents dogs when I lived with them. I'm sure they still have them. Their names are Booboo and Cocoa. I actually trained Booboo myself very easily. She did tons of tricks and listened well and was house broken, but for some reason, I couldn't get Cocoa to do anything. Training is fairly easily for me. Some people have a hard time. I'd say the easiest trick for me is "Shake". I've got my 1 month old kittens doing that now. All you do is say shake, grab their paw, praise them saying "Good shake""good girl/boy" Then give small treat. Then repeat several times. Doesn't take more than 30 minutes for most dogs and cats to get it.Now.... Why is she coming from a puppy mill? Are you buying her from there? Or did someone else by it from there, and now you're buying it from them? Puppy mills are terrible places where animals are tortured. Female dogs are kept in small cages and only used for breeding. They're never petted, and never loved. Their only purpose in life is to produce as many litters as possible. I would never ever ever buy from one. It just gives them the money to continue doing what they're doing, when the law should be called on them for animal cruelty. As for temperament, if it's from a puppy mill, it probably won't be socialized and might bite, but that can be trained out of them fairly easily. And since it's such a small breed, you don't have to worry too much about it biting someone's arm off. :P As far as health, I'd say they're usually not that healthy. More than likely, they were taken away from their mother too soon so that she could have another litter. And they probably haven't been given their shots. And with so many other dogs there, it probably has a disease. But when you get it, you can take it to the vet and get its shots and have it checked for diseases. It may be alright, but most dogs from puppy mills aren't.