About how much money do you have to use to raise a dog?

How much money yearly, including dog, dog food, bed, toys, vaccines, etc.Can you give me the info for a Cavalier King Charles spaniel and a Puggle?

How much money yearly, including dog, dog food, bed, toys, vaccines, etc.Can you give me the info for a Cavalier King Charles spaniel and a Puggle?...
    General Dog Discussions : About how much money do you have to use to raise a dog?...

• About how much money do you have to use to raise a dog?

About how much money do you have to use to raise a dog? General Dog Discussions
      How much money yearly, including dog, dog food, bed, toys, vaccines, etc.Can you give me the info for a Cavalier King Charles spaniel and a Puggle?

About how much money do you have to use to raise a dog? General Dog Discussions
    • My beagle/black lab cost me $15,000 over the course of her life in vet bills alone.Food, toys, and all her bling - I've never added it up. Beds, collars, crates and the like cost $50+ a pop. Food is roughly $40/month for one 35- or two 15-pound dogs.Breed makes no difference, although size does in food costs.

• Annual check-up - I can't remember exactly so I'm saying an even $300 - this includes exam, vaccines, heartworm test, fecal test (and I'm sure I'm forgetting something here.)Monthly preventives - I use Revolution, that's about $180/yearQuality food - I'm currently at around $70/month = $840/ year (80 lb dog though)Pet insurance - $26/month - $312/yearMicrochip renewal fee - $20/yearAround $70/year for professional groomingI just spent $500 to remove a tiny skin tumor.Earlier in the summer I spent around $75 on an exam and meds for an eye infection.He's going tonight to get his anal glands expressed - $25. He has prescription shampoo and ear cleaner that totaled $120. I spend about $20/month on incidentals (toys, chews and the like).I bought him a quality dog bed on clearance at a sporting store for about $80. He doesn't use a crate, but I do have one and it cost me $60.I got leather leash and collar at $30 and $20 respectively. ID tag was $12. And obedience class is starting soon and the school I'm using is $160 tuition.Not to mention the $300 adoption fee. Also we don't have to license dogs in my county but there would be a fee for that as well.

• A Puggle is a silly name given to a Pug x Beagle by an irresponsible breeder. No reputable breeder will breed a mutt. No champion lines, no health clearances, no breed standard, NOTHING! They also have wider gene pools (so more possible genetic defects) and there are some many dogs in need of adoption at shelters these days. So please, if you want a mutt, adopt! Anyway, smaller dogs will cost less to feed than larger dogs, but they will still cost you MORE THAN $1,000 per year for insurance/vet bills, quality food, flea & tick repellent and heartworm preventative, toys, treats, multi-vitamins, shampoo & conditioner, etc. A purebred puppy from a reputable breeder recommended by the breed club will usually cost you around $800-$1,800. A dog from a shelter or rescue will cost around $200-$450 usually. $150 for an obedience class session, $30 for your usual nylon collar & leash, $20 for a good ID tag, $50 for a dog bed or a standard crate, $20 for food & water dishes, $20 for a bristle & slicker brush, $10 for nail clippers, etc. So I'd say at least $2,000 the first year if you're adopting.

• 300 USD - Dog if from a rescue36 USD - 1 Rabies shot a year108 USD 3 DHPP shots (puppies gotta have them)100 USD Heartworm medicine a year50 USD dog bed50 USD crate100 USD leash, collar, nail clipper, toys, food bowls360 USD dog kibble a year (about 30 bucks a month)600 USD Rawhide, chew bones, treats etc.300 USD for fecal exams and deworming medicine and vet (if the dog is healthy...you gotta go anyways...puppies always have something going on)200-400 USD Neutering/Spaying (only first year)everything is a rough estimate. one of my dog costed me about 3000 in his first 6 months. some costs are only once.the first year is the most expensive though.

• An average dog (depending on the breed and how well they are cared for) usually about:Food: £100Supplies: £300New Carpet/Sofa/Table (Chewing/Accidents) £200+Vet Bills: AVERAGE: (All dogs are different, many have a lot of vet care bills) £400-3000 +Total: Pounds: £1000- £2500+ (Average, vet bills can be different)Dollars: $1500- $4000 +If you are saving up for a dog, perhaps you could save a pile of money for vet bills etc? It is nice to know that you have some spare money for an emergency to the vet.

• It wouldn't matter what type of dog it is, smaller only costs less for food and less on surgeries but I've never tried to keep track of how much it cost. After reading the other answers I just had heart failure, ha ha... so that is where our money has gone. We get what is needed, when it is needed and anything extra as it comes up. For instance one of mine has allergies and takes medication monthly, just something that I get but don't think about. My chihuahua - NOT FROM A GOOD BREEDER as she came before I 'found this site' (but love her anyway) is now a bionic dog and has had surgery on both knees. She's our million dollar baby. I find it cheaper to buy a $20 comforter on sale for a dog bed than to pay for a dog bed and the comforter is easier to wash. My guys do get their teeth cleaned annually. They are like kids and things always happen so how can you really say, 'this is how much it is going to be'?.. If you have to worry about it, then most likely you can't afford to have one as a pet. But, I'd rather spend the money on my guys than take a two week vacation to some resort.