How can I make my puppy eat food?

My puppy doesn't want to eat anything, I bought her puppy food, but she won't eat it, I tried to give her small pieces of chicken, and she still doesn't want it. I took her to the vet yesterday, and they told me that she is pale. The vet gave her multi…

My puppy doesn't want to eat anything, I bought her puppy food, but she won't eat it, I tried to give her small pieces of chicken, and she still doesn't want it. I took her to the vet yesterday, and they told me that she is pale. The vet gave her multi…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can I make my puppy eat food?...

• How can I make my puppy eat food?

How can I make my puppy eat food? General Dog Discussions
      My puppy doesn't want to eat anything, I bought her puppy food, but she won't eat it, I tried to give her small pieces of chicken, and she still doesn't want it. I took her to the vet yesterday, and they told me that she is pale. The vet gave her multi vitamins that she has to take everyday, and they said i should feed her wet dog food, they gave me pedigree for puppies. But she is still not eating, she rarely drinks water too. What should I do? Please give me some advice on how can I make her eat.she has been wormed. She vomited, the worms.

How can I make my puppy eat food? General Dog Discussions
    • Stop feeding ALL human foods and treats.Set her food down and give her 20-30 minutes to eat it.Remove it from her. Continue this for at least two days till she eats.I would advise another vet, has she been wormed,Some dog when they need worming will often not eat, their stomach is already full od worms.

• Try with another type of food until you find some that he likes. Make your puppy do exercise, sooner or later she will be hungry and eat. If hings don't change ask your vet for another solution. Maybe your puppu is just stressed and needs to be calm to feel like eating.

• Puppies normally have very health appetites.A puppy who won't eat is normally sick.The first symptom of Parvo is when they stop eating and drinking. If she starts vomiting or dry-heaving, get her back to the vet a.s.a.p.!

• With my pup i was nervous when i got him and i took him to the vet he got a clear bill of health but he wasnt eatting so the vet said geta med dropper fill it with water hold him and kinda force him to drink it and hand feed him by leading to the food bowl it worked for me

• They eat by smell, not taste. Try bread. My dog won't eat her food alone, but I can mix the bread in it real good, she gobbles it up.You could also try pouring juice from meats like Vienna sausage.If those don't work, he may be sick. Take him to a vet and have him checked out.