Is egg a safe food to feed my dog?

My dog is a very picky eater and now she is nursing. And she refuses to eat the puppy can and dry food that I prepared for her. From past experience, I know she loved water cooked egg. Is ok to add some egg to her food so she will start to eat?Another…

My dog is a very picky eater and now she is nursing. And she refuses to eat the puppy can and dry food that I prepared for her. From past experience, I know she loved water cooked egg. Is ok to add some egg to her food so she will start to eat?Another…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is egg a safe food to feed my dog?...

• Is egg a safe food to feed my dog?

Is egg a safe food to feed my dog? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is a very picky eater and now she is nursing. And she refuses to eat the puppy can and dry food that I prepared for her. From past experience, I know she loved water cooked egg. Is ok to add some egg to her food so she will start to eat?Another thing, Can I feed her the replacement milk for puppy? She loves that as well

Is egg a safe food to feed my dog? General Dog Discussions
    • Yes, this is fine. Many dog foods already contain egg, and it is a healthy food for your dog, as long as it is given in moderation. Eggs are a good source of protein, and many raw-food diets for dogs even call for raw eggs!

• Eg is very helathy for dogs since it's high in protein. My dog is on a raw diet and eats raw eggs whole and loves them, shell and all.( the shell is good calcium) However, unless your dog is used to eating raw food already I would give her cooked egg without shell since switching a dog to raw or BARF diet can occasionaly be hard on a dog , so I would stick with a cooked egg. Just don't add salt or pepper, or anything else.

• Yes, use the maternalac on her food for a supplement. And yes feed her eggs. It is hard to keep up a nursing mom's weight if she has a lot of puppies. If her weight won't come up, the vet can give her a vitamin shot to enhance her appetite too.

• You can even try jsut giving the whole egg, shell and all to her. My old dog, who died from epilepsy, she ate about 6 of them, hardboiled, and she was perfectly fine, jsut a little round around the edges, but she ate a lot of eggs. Once in a while, you can give her the whole egg, otherwise, jsut give a normal cracked out of the shell egg to her. It'll keep her coat nice and silky and shiny and really healthy.

• eggs are good for her coat, but my dog gets gassy from eggs, so i only give them to him sometimes. i would think that the replacement milk would be ok, but would also make her gassy. you should check with your vet to be sure though.