How can I make my dog healthier?

My chow labrador mix is 11 years old. He weighs 63 lbs and eats blue buffalo large breed. I walk him every day, he is an inside dog (with a backyard). lately he has been slower and now the vet has found that his heart beats too slow. It may be benign or…

My chow labrador mix is 11 years old. He weighs 63 lbs and eats blue buffalo large breed. I walk him every day, he is an inside dog (with a backyard). lately he has been slower and now the vet has found that his heart beats too slow. It may be benign or…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can I make my dog healthier?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How can I make my dog healthier?

How can I make my dog healthier? General Dog Discussions
      My chow labrador mix is 11 years old. He weighs 63 lbs and eats blue buffalo large breed. I walk him every day, he is an inside dog (with a backyard). lately he has been slower and now the vet has found that his heart beats too slow. It may be benign or he may need medication or even a pace maker. But what could I do to make him healthier? I'm open to anything, diet supplements, alternative meds, therapy, ect. would hydrotherapy be good?

How can I make my dog healthier? General Dog Discussions
    • At 11 years old, he's geriatric age, and it's normal for him to be slowing down.For his heart problem, he'll need medication or a pace maker from the vet; diet supplements, etc. may help, but he'll still have problems without meds from the vet. It's really impossible to recommend anything without knowing specifically what the problem is and what the vet says. Heart problems are complicated; you have to be careful with everything, including diet and exercise - so things like hydrotherapy could be good or bad, depending on the situation.HTH!

• I've recently bought a year's supply of this because I tried it with my 11 year old Malamute who obviously had arthritis, and she began running around like a puppy, which I hadn't seen her do in years. I've since put my 12 year old American Eskimo on it, and she is now running around like a puppy too. They even try to play with each other. It's incredible.http://www.thedogsupplement.com/It has vitamins and minerals plus glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM. It also has a few other things like probiotics and colostrum. I can't recommend it enough, and their customer service is AWESOME.