What can I feed my dog to lactate her?

My dog gave birth to five puppies last Saturday morning and she has no milk left, puppies kept on drinking. What can I feed her to lactate? Or can you give me options what to feed the puppies?

My dog gave birth to five puppies last Saturday morning and she has no milk left, puppies kept on drinking. What can I feed her to lactate? Or can you give me options what to feed the puppies?...
    General Dog Discussions : What can I feed my dog to lactate her?...

• What can I feed my dog to lactate her?

What can I feed my dog to lactate her? General Dog Discussions
      My dog gave birth to five puppies last Saturday morning and she has no milk left, puppies kept on drinking. What can I feed her to lactate? Or can you give me options what to feed the puppies?

What can I feed my dog to lactate her? General Dog Discussions
    • if she's out of milk, the puppies should be crying. if they aren't, she isn't.If they are crying, take her and the pups to the veterinarian ASAP.lactating females should be fed the best food you can afford, at free choice. Also, keep her hydrated.

• Puppies need formula if Mom can't feed them. Be prepared to lose lots of sleep and money over the next few weeks. This experience should prod you to do the right thing and get your bit** spayed.

• go to vet and get puppy milk replacer and take mom too..sometimes pups just stay on the nipple when they fall asleep when they are newborns..give her plenty of fluid (water) and give her extra dog food, canned or fresh meat is the best

• The pups are too young to have anything but mom's milk or puppy milk replacement formula. Mom's milk is supply and demand. They *should* be drinking her dry and then she fills up again. If the pups are content and they are gaining weight (you should be weighing them twice a day and keeping track) then you have no worries. Mom should have access 24/7 to high quality puppy kibble. While she is lactating she needs to be able to eat as much as she wants, when she wants. Every time you see the dish empty you need to fill it up. If pups are crying, not gaining weight, etc... then mom needs to see the vet to determine if it's a medical issue and you need to start supplementing with puppy formula.