Is it normal for a puppy to be lethargic when taking Vetrimec for mites and a form of mange?

My puppy is a half German wired haired pointer and English springer spaniel and he is a little over three months old. I have a vet appointment on Thursday and I just started the medication yesterday. Its a very small dose, and yesterday he was acting…

Is it normal for a puppy to be lethargic when taking Vetrimec for mites and a form of mange?

My puppy is a half German wired haired pointer and English springer spaniel and he is a little over three months old. I have a vet appointment on Thursday and I just started the medication yesterday. Its a very small dose, and yesterday he was acting…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it normal for a puppy to be lethargic when taking Vetrimec for mites and a form of mange?...

• Is it normal for a puppy to be lethargic when taking Vetrimec for mites and a form of mange?

Is it normal for a puppy to be lethargic when taking Vetrimec for mites and a form of mange? General Dog Discussions
      My puppy is a half German wired haired pointer and English springer spaniel and he is a little over three months old. I have a vet appointment on Thursday and I just started the medication yesterday. Its a very small dose, and yesterday he was acting fine but today all he wanted to do is sleep. He did eat and drink throughout the day though. He is just not as playful as he normally is.

Is it normal for a puppy to be lethargic when taking Vetrimec for mites and a form of mange? General Dog Discussions
    • Dogs can become lethargic after medications, but they can also act the same after vaccinations. Did he get shots on this visit? At his age, I would think yes.When in doubt, ask your vet, but a sleepy pup after shots can be perfectly normal.That is a cute mix, bet he is active and handsome. :)