How can i get my dog to sleep in the dog house?

your dog will sleep where it is most comfortable. Please do not use blankets in the box this can get wet and cause mold that can cause fungus on your dogs skin and also in the winter if the dog is wet from snow or rain the blanket will become wet and not…

your dog will sleep where it is most comfortable. Please do not use blankets in the box this can get wet and cause mold that can cause fungus on your dogs skin and also in the winter if the dog is wet from snow or rain the blanket will become wet and not…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can i get my dog to sleep in the dog house?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How can i get my dog to sleep in the dog house?

How can i get my dog to sleep in the dog house? General Dog Discussions
      your dog will sleep where it is most comfortable. Please do not use blankets in the box this can get wet and cause mold that can cause fungus on your dogs skin and also in the winter if the dog is wet from snow or rain the blanket will become wet and not allow the dog to stay warm. Hay or straw also is not the best thing to use they to can mold and cause fungus on the dogs skin. If you have to use any of them they should be change every few days. Stall shavings, cedar chips or pine chips should be used. and it should be changed at least weekly. we dont have our dogs outside all the time but we do have boxes out in the yard in case they need them, we came home one time and one of the dogs was sitting in the rain and look up at the sky, if your dog wants to it will use the box.

How can i get my dog to sleep in the dog house? General Dog Discussions
    • do you have something comfortable for her to sleep on: such as an old blanket or pillow??maybe you could shift the dog kennel closer to the house or door/window where she can see you. and encourage her to stay there. put her inside and stay with her awhile and tell her to stay there in her kennel, give her a stern no if she moves, she will get used to it eventually as she will find her bed a warmer spot than the grass... also check that there is'nt something in her kennel that could be hiding and frighteining her.... good luck!!