How do I know if my puppy has been de-wormed?

I got my puppy at 5 weeks old and the original owners had not yet gotten him shots, so i doubt he has been dewormed. Is there any way to tell or no. My dog is very healthy shiny thick coat and is definitely not losing weight he gains like five pounds…

I got my puppy at 5 weeks old and the original owners had not yet gotten him shots, so i doubt he has been dewormed. Is there any way to tell or no. My dog is very healthy shiny thick coat and is definitely not losing weight he gains like five pounds…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I know if my puppy has been de-wormed?...

• How do I know if my puppy has been de-wormed?

How do I know if my puppy has been de-wormed? General Dog Discussions
      I got my puppy at 5 weeks old and the original owners had not yet gotten him shots, so i doubt he has been dewormed. Is there any way to tell or no. My dog is very healthy shiny thick coat and is definitely not losing weight he gains like five pounds a day (not literally).

How do I know if my puppy has been de-wormed? General Dog Discussions
    • Since they sold u a 5 week old puppy it probably hasn't been wormed. Pups should never leave their mother before 8 weeks of age, 10-14 weeks if they are toy breeds. It needs its first set of shots at 6 weeks and a worming too. The owner of the puppies seems very irresponsible, typical backyard breeder, so I highly doubt your pup has been wormed or even been to a vet.

• Anyone who would sell a 5 week old puppy is not only breaking the law but is a disreputable breeder. It's against the law to sell or give away a pup under the age of 8 weeks.No dog knowledgeable person would take a pup from the litter at just 5 weeks of age. You need to research and learn about dogs if you want to be a responsible dog owner.No they would not have dewormed the pup. Even if they did the pup needs to be regularly dewormed, that's your job.You don't say how long you've had the pup or how old he is now but when you get a new puppy the first thing you do is take it to the vet for a general health check. Then you follow the vets advice regarding deworming and vaccinations.