Help! My English Bulldog puppy has horrible tear stains. Is there a way to get rid of this?

Madison has a mostly white face. She tears a lot so it has caused brownish-red stains underneath her eyes. I've tried some tear stain removals from the petstore but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have an suggestions?

Help! My English Bulldog puppy has horrible tear stains. Is there a way to get rid of this?

Madison has a mostly white face. She tears a lot so it has caused brownish-red stains underneath her eyes. I've tried some tear stain removals from the petstore but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have an suggestions?...
    General Dog Discussions : Help! My English Bulldog puppy has horrible tear stains. Is there a way to get rid of this?...

• Help! My English Bulldog puppy has horrible tear stains. Is there a way to get rid of this?

Help! My English Bulldog puppy has horrible tear stains. Is there a way to get rid of this? General Dog Discussions
      Madison has a mostly white face. She tears a lot so it has caused brownish-red stains underneath her eyes. I've tried some tear stain removals from the petstore but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have an suggestions?

Help! My English Bulldog puppy has horrible tear stains. Is there a way to get rid of this? General Dog Discussions
    • Go to the vet and make sure there isn't something wrong with your dog. My friend just found out that her puppy has inverted eyelashes that cause her to tear, and she has to have a minor surgery. Dogs also tear more when they are sick.

• Often times tears stain because of something in the dog's diet. I have heard that it can be chlorine in the water or red dye #5 in food and treats. Honestly, I'm not sure. The best way to keep them from coming back is to wipe his face at least once a day and apply a little Vaseline or baby oil to prevent the tears from being able to stain the fur. It acts as a barrier.