Leaving my puppy at home alone for a month?

So we're going on a vacation this summer or about a month, and I'm worried SICK about my puppy. WHAT SHOULD I DO?! My idiot parents are too cheap for doggy daycare. How much food shoudl I leave? HELP! Seriously!

So we're going on a vacation this summer or about a month, and I'm worried SICK about my puppy. WHAT SHOULD I DO?! My idiot parents are too cheap for doggy daycare. How much food shoudl I leave? HELP! Seriously!...
    General Dog Discussions : Leaving my puppy at home alone for a month?...

• Leaving my puppy at home alone for a month?

Leaving my puppy at home alone for a month? General Dog Discussions
      So we're going on a vacation this summer or about a month, and I'm worried SICK about my puppy. WHAT SHOULD I DO?! My idiot parents are too cheap for doggy daycare. How much food shoudl I leave? HELP! Seriously!

Leaving my puppy at home alone for a month? General Dog Discussions
    • you can't leave a puppy for a month alone in a house, it'll die. In fact, even if it's not a puppy, it's still going to die. Tell you're parent's they're idiots for me.

• You can't leave a puppy alone for a month. Talk to a friend and ask them if they could perhaps take care of your puppy for the time being and that you would be calling every now and then to check up on him. Tell your friend that you will shoulder the food --->> and if you can, give him/her a gift afterwards. Please don't leave your puppy alone for a month

• Do you have a friend that could keep him? That would be best. Or get someone you trust to come feed him and walk him everyday. You can't just leave him alone for a whole month. He could run out of food and/or water and get sick.

• ur gona leave him ALONE?! dont do that! bring him with you! if you leave food out, its not a good idea, he might eat alot one day then alot the next day then run out! what about water?! wat if he needs to go outside? if he stays outside, wat if it starts raining or gets really cold?? wooooow

• You'll come home to a corpse and most likely you'll get fined and maybe jailed for animal abuse. Stay at home, find a friend, take the dog with you or pay for a kennel.

• Hmmm...i wouldn't recommend it. IF you put out a ton of food the dog will eat it all pretty quick, and most likely get sick. The only thing i would really recommend would be to ask someone to come over every day or two to feed and check up on puppy, if you can't get the dog in a day care. sorry, not much help.

• A month is by far too long to leave a pet at home alone. You need to recruit a friend that you can trust to go in and feed the pup "DAILY" as well as making sure there's plenty of water.Maximum time you can safely leave a pet alone is 2 days without having someone check in on them

• first off you should NEVER leave a dog on its own for a month. where is it suposed to eat? sleep? ask your aunt or uncal* to drop by the house everyday to feed it , at least. thats just crule to leave it by it self.....

• You cannot do that!!If you have a neighbour or friend who will look after it while your away it would be good. Because you can't leave a dog at home for a whole month! You'll either have to find someone to look after it, take it with you on holiday or you can't really go at all.