Is there a good dog shampoo out their?

They are American pit-bull terriers, is there a decent shampoo out there for dog or will any work is their a Secret to a Beautiful dog coat with short hair how many time should you bath them a month also do they need special care like with their teeth or…

They are American pit-bull terriers, is there a decent shampoo out there for dog or will any work is their a Secret to a Beautiful dog coat with short hair how many time should you bath them a month also do they need special care like with their teeth or…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is there a good dog shampoo out their?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is there a good dog shampoo out their?

Is there a good dog shampoo out their? General Dog Discussions
      They are American pit-bull terriers, is there a decent shampoo out there for dog or will any work is their a Secret to a Beautiful dog coat with short hair how many time should you bath them a month also do they need special care like with their teeth or paw or anything.

Is there a good dog shampoo out their? General Dog Discussions
    • my personal favorite is Mane and Tail shampoo. they also have conditioner. its for people and animals and can be bought at Sallys and i think walmart sells it too. its really nice and is relatively inexpensive. give it a try :) i bathe my hound mix about every month or so. i use pedipaws for my dog to groom her nails. if you approach your dog gently and w/treats, she/he might get used to it. i love it. also, there are toothbrushes for dogs and dog toothpaste that you can find in pet supply stores. my dog loves her toothpaste. good luck w/your pooch

• I am a professional groomer.My personal favorite shampoo is a product made by Tomlyn Products and it it called "Pearls au Lait". It has a nice vanilla scent to it and it actually contains a form of milk as an ingredient. This is what I use on MY dogs (not cheap but nice!). They also make a strawberry scented shampoo but I like the original.As far as how often to bathe them...NOT MORE THAN once every 2 months unless they really stink. In between baths you can use some coat conditioners like "Coat Polish" in order to make them smell better. The more often you wash them, the more you dry out the natural oils in their coats and create a BAD dry skin condition.As far as teeth go, brush them twice a week. I wish I had started mine earlier!Paws - clip the nails no less than once/month. Done like that, they will have no opportunity to grow them too long.ood luck!

• Many good shampoos are available for dogs. The secret to a beautiful shiny coat is to feed the dog a good diet and to brush. If you are already doing those things, try adding an essential fatty acids supplement. The rule with bathing is: Never more than once a week unless directed to do so by your vet (as with a prescription medicated shampoo). Most dogs don't need to be bathed more than once a month.When you bathe a dog, be certain to rinse all of the suds off, as suds residue can cause itching.Dogs should have their teeth brushed. Be sure to use a pet tooth paste because dogs may swallow some of it and human tooth paste is NOT good to swallow.Dogs' nails generally need to be cut back about once every 4 to 6 weeks. Some dogs can do fine with less frequent trimming because they keep their nails well worn down.Training is good for all dogs. It helps to occupy their minds as well as their bodies, so they don't get so bored.

• It all depends on your climate and and how dirty the dogs get. Whatever shampoo you use, just make sure it's a diluted mild puppy no tears formula that does not strip their coats of natural oils. You can also use a diluted puppy conditioner to repel dirt after baths. Do not bother with finishing sprays because a lot have silicone in them and their skin often will always react. It also helps decrease the stinkys if you brush their coat daily.Their ears have to be cleaned and powered weekly to decrease moisture and the possibility of smelly ears or infections. Cleaning pads for dogs ears are the most convienient. Their teeth have to be cleaned daily with dog toothpaste and a finger cap brush or even a little kid or adult toothbrush (Dollar Store). Do not use toothpaste for humans because they end up swallowing a lot of the toothpaste and the dog toothpaste is edible. Look on line for video or ask your vet to show you how to cut their nails because it would really help for you to see it done in person or on tape. Make sure you have septic powder in case a mistake is made. Their paws should be a little rough but not cracked. You can use utter balm on them if they're cracked or too rough. All you'll need is available at a pet store or on dog.com, petsolutions.com, and on Dr'sFoster&Smith.com. Paul Mitchell makes a nice puppy no tears formula and conditioner, but it's a bit too pricey for me. Good luck.