Is it normal for dogs to let off loudly?

My 6 month old puppy lets off really loudly most of the time. And they really stink... Is this normal?

My 6 month old puppy lets off really loudly most of the time. And they really stink... Is this normal?...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it normal for dogs to let off loudly?...

• Is it normal for dogs to let off loudly?

Is it normal for dogs to let off loudly? General Dog Discussions
      My 6 month old puppy lets off really loudly most of the time. And they really stink... Is this normal?

Is it normal for dogs to let off loudly? General Dog Discussions
    • My Siberian Husky did that when we first brought her home. We took her to the vet and she had a bad intestinal infection. So I would have your pup looked at just in case,

• Lets just say it is not abnormal. As the other answerer posted, it could be a symptom of something needing attention. It could just as likely be his food needs changing, he could be eating too quickly and taking in more air than he should with swallowing. Or, it could be a problem with his head position during eating. Observe him eating and see if you can improve on it...use a raised bowl, gradually change the food...or if eating too quickly (which can also contribute to bloat).. you can try something like a trickytreat ball that lets the kibble out as the pup works the ball, forcing him to eat slowly. But, I would give the vet a call and let him know this is going on.

• First step is a fecal check at the vet. I am careful to keep my puppies clear and seldom have had gas warfare although I feed common brands. Also, never audible. If the vet doesn't find anything, you might try a different food. Maybe not a more expensive one, but not the same lamb, chicken, or what ever is in your current food. For a little science in addition to the marketing hype, see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16426217?ordinalpos=17&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum