How to clean a dog bite?

My staffordshire bull terrier puppy was bit by a jack russel on a walk( the stupid owner claimed it was friendly and it was off its lead) its not a big cut more like a scrape over his eye. i cleaned it will salty water on cotton wool, then applied a…

How to clean a dog bite?

My staffordshire bull terrier puppy was bit by a jack russel on a walk( the stupid owner claimed it was friendly and it was off its lead) its not a big cut more like a scrape over his eye. i cleaned it will salty water on cotton wool, then applied a…...
    General Dog Discussions : How to clean a dog bite?...

• How to clean a dog bite?

How to clean a dog bite? General Dog Discussions
      My staffordshire bull terrier puppy was bit by a jack russel on a walk( the stupid owner claimed it was friendly and it was off its lead) its not a big cut more like a scrape over his eye. i cleaned it will salty water on cotton wool, then applied a little of some anti bacteria cream. is this alright? il keep an eye on it for the next couple of days. is there anything else i should do? thanks :)

How to clean a dog bite?

How to clean a dog bite? General Dog Discussions
    • if it isnt deep use some hydrogen peroxide(the bubble bring all the dead cells to the surface then use some antibacterial spray for dogs, you should be able to get it at the feed store. its better than the cream because the liquid can drip into all of the tiny holes and the cream just stays on the surface. also the dog can run the cream off easier than the spray. if it is really close to the eyeball you can spray it on a cotton ball, then place the cotton ball over the wound and squeeze the ball. if you see any puss or an increase in inflamation take it to the vet