how can i convince my mum to let me rehome dog?

Hey im choles little cousin.im 13 and i want to rehome a dog from dogs trust i have alot off money ive been saving for years but my mums says no but i can tell she considering it coz i had shown her some from the spca and she was nodding(then she said…

Hey im choles little cousin.im 13 and i want to rehome a dog from dogs trust i have alot off money ive been saving for years but my mums says no but i can tell she considering it coz i had shown her some from the spca and she was nodding(then she said…...
    General Dog Discussions : how can i convince my mum to let me rehome dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• how can i convince my mum to let me rehome dog?

how can i convince my mum to let me rehome dog? General Dog Discussions
      Hey im choles little cousin.im 13 and i want to rehome a dog from dogs trust i have alot off money ive been saving for years but my mums says no but i can tell she considering it coz i had shown her some from the spca and she was nodding(then she said they wernt cutzie)(the female ones)we have to get a female coz my older sister has a female dog,i found this male soo cute nodding and smiling then noticed it was a male she said no.so im looking at dogs trust found the perfect dogg how can i convince her to let me rehome her (i want her to have a secpnd chance in life(the dog))make her some emotional ? wha

how can i convince my mum to let me rehome dog? General Dog Discussions
    • Show your parents your serious - ask him if you can volunteer at the local rescue that has dogs or puppies. Ask them if you can clean cages and play with the dogs, and take them for walks too! Ask them if you do this every day after school if after a set amount of time (2 months or something) you can get your own. It's a win win for everyone, and your parents will confirm how responsible and serious you really are taking this. AND you will get a chance to meet a bunch of different kinds of dogs, learn how to care for them and help out a rescue that needs the help.

• explain to her that hundreds, if not thousands of homeless dogs get killed each year because people want new dogs. you really are saving a life by adopting the dog. Be prepared to take the time to walk it and care for it. if you have enough money, offer to pay for the supplies yourself to show her you are commited to caring for the dog.

• You are obviously a very compassionate and caring 13-year old! I am impressed with your dedication and perseverance with wanting to adopt a dog. I think the best course of action would be to sit down with your mom and explain to her the reasons why adopting a dog is a good idea. Some points might be:- thousands of dogs are euthanized in the USA a year because there simply isn't the money to keep them in shelters.- it would give the dog a second chance that he is worthy of.- is there any particular reason that she is so against a male? Most shelters have a spay-neuter program so there is really no feasible way that your male dog will impregnate your sister's dog.- you should make a list of the money you have saved and show her that you are able to afford your dog (perhaps make a list of how much money you will spend on certain things: Dog Food: $40/month; Toys: $20/month; Treats: $10/month ... etc.)- if the dog that you are interested in is young, show your mom a schedule that will inform her of your plan to house-train him and take him for walks. I just got a puppy myself. There are very affordable ways that you can get set-up for him. Look online and at yard sales for crates (if you want to crate-train him - it's a good idea!), you will want a leash and collar (again, not too expensive, local pet stores are probably your best bet), dog food and treats (my puppy goes through a twenty pound bag of dog food every two weeks) and if you want to pick him up some toys. :)Show your mom that you will keep some money put aside for emergency vet care. (if he isn't a puppy he will need shots every year and if he gets sick, he will need meds.. he won't be as expensive as a puppy.)If you research your options and go to your mom with a plan, I think that she will come around. You sound very devoted to the cause as I think that more young people should be. I wish you good luck and I hope you get your dog! You deserve it! :)