Is $125 a good re-homing fee for puppies?

They are Pitt-Lab mixes and the fee includes first shots, a bag of Puppy Chow, a collar and leash and vet check. Also we are willing to refund $50 if a receipt from the vet for spaying or neutering is done. The reason we are asking $125 is to also get…

They are Pitt-Lab mixes and the fee includes first shots, a bag of Puppy Chow, a collar and leash and vet check. Also we are willing to refund $50 if a receipt from the vet for spaying or neutering is done. The reason we are asking $125 is to also get…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is $125 a good re-homing fee for puppies?...

• Is $125 a good re-homing fee for puppies?

Is $125 a good re-homing fee for puppies? General Dog Discussions
      They are Pitt-Lab mixes and the fee includes first shots, a bag of Puppy Chow, a collar and leash and vet check. Also we are willing to refund $50 if a receipt from the vet for spaying or neutering is done. The reason we are asking $125 is to also get the funds together to have our dogs fixed. I was told by a vet that my male dog (8 months) was too young to impregnate my female dog (also 8 months, not from the same litter). I will not be going to this vet for the spaying and neutering. Most of the money we have saved for their surgeries were spent on vet checks for the mother during her pregnancy. She had 4 puppies and after everything is said and done we will not be making a profit, not that we wanted to. We just want to make sure these babies go to loving homes not to be used as bait dogs or as fighting dogs.We do plan on including all info regarding the puppies and supplies received, even the $50 refund and the fact that we are using part of the fee to get our dogs fixed. I was preparing to get BOTH my dogs fixed. I was told by a vet that my male was too young to impregnate my female and was saving the money ($300) total for both dogs. We used most of that money to make sure my female dog had a healthy pregnancy and that her puppies were okay and also healthy. After the $50 is refunded the actual cost IS $75. that covers all the supplies, the vet check and shots And anything left over is going to get my 2 dogs fixed. When I say I am not making a profit. I am not.Domino: I DID NOT BREED MY DOGS! You are suppose to be a top contributor but you obviously didn't read my entire post. Read it again. I was told by my vet I had time. I was saving my money to get both fixed. It is an expensive surgery in my town and we don't have low cost clinics here. And MY dogs are NOT backyard Mutts. They are a part of my family! They are inside dogs who are extremely loving and loyal. And yes, I PAID FOR MY MUTTS! I paid more than $50 for each one of them. Try to be a little more compassionate when you talk about someone's pets. Unlike you I don't expect my pets to bring in my income. I was asking if the amount I was thinking of was appropriate, not your opinion about MY pets.

Is $125 a good re-homing fee for puppies? General Dog Discussions
    • Since the offspring of a lab and some random bred pit that may or may not be an actual APBT would have god knows what for a drive, dog fighting is pretty unlikely. Your previous vet was an idiot, so I really hope you never plan to use them again PERIOD. I'd knock it down to 100 even. VERY common mix that be found anywhere, including the pound where the pups come already fixed.

• Oh wow, you definitely seem like you care about the puppies. I'd say $125 sounds reasonable, especially since they're pit mixes and if they were free, dog fighters would most likely try to take them. And you're including a bunch of stuff with them too. Just make sure you let people know they're coming with all that or they might think you're just trying to get money.

• No, it sounds like you are selling the puppies. Here you can buy a pure bred pit bull, or lab for $50-$100 with real papers. You need to get them fixed and sell them for about $75-$100 a puppy, to cover all charges.

• They are poorly bred,backyard bred mutts that anyone can get at a shelter. I've never spent more than $50 on any of my mutts and i got them at shelters and off the street. I wouldn't dare spend $125 on mutts from a backyard breeder. How could you breed two 8 month old puppies anyway??? That was a terrible thing to do and the pups shouldn't be here in the 1st place. Personally I believe that if you have to breed your pets just afford them then you don't need pets.

• considering that you are offering $50 refund for proof of spay/neuter.. that means they are "technically" $75... Yes, I think that is fair. People are more likely to spay/neuter if they are getting money back$75 for vet check, shots, worming, collar and leash and a bag of food? Sounds reasonableI'd say if someone isnt willing to pay $125 for all that comes with it.. then you are weeding out people who dont have the best intentions that way.

• I honestly think $125 for for puppies that have been vetted, and will come with some items needed to take care of them is a very good price. Especially if you are willing to refund 50$ when the new owner shows proof of spay/ neuter. A hint for next time, dogs can produce pups at around 6 months. As soon as a dog can go into heat, it can get pregnant.