What items and things do I need to invest my puppy on?

I need to know how much supplies, vet bills, and ect. will cost each year.

I need to know how much supplies, vet bills, and ect. will cost each year....
    General Dog Discussions : What items and things do I need to invest my puppy on?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What items and things do I need to invest my puppy on?

What items and things do I need to invest my puppy on? General Dog Discussions
      I need to know how much supplies, vet bills, and ect. will cost each year.

What items and things do I need to invest my puppy on? General Dog Discussions
    • You could spend between $1,000 - $8,000 a year, depending on what happens to your puppy within that year. He could become sick, he might need an operation etc. You can never be fully prepared for what they are going to cost.

• Your probably going to need quite a bit of money. It's not an easy job. You'll need shots, collars, food, grooming supplies, toys, it's like have a child, hope this helps.

• well it will need to be fed every day... and you're better off feeding him/her better quality dog food to avoid any sickness and have the dog healthier and live longer, so for starters, figure out how much the dog food is, then how much it will cost to feed the dog per day then times that by 365. On top of that your dog will need a leash, collar, bed, blankets, toys etc, so factor that in. then of course you have your necessary vet bills which include microchipping, shots, spay/neutering, worming, tick/flee treatments monthly etc. then of course you have the unplanned vet visit costs such as accidental illness or any other which may fall under that category. owning a dog is actually very expensive. they need a lot of time and money invested in them. if you find out the costs for all of the above then you could have a rough estimate... one of my dogs has cost me $4,000 in vet bills this year alone and it's only april so you just never know exactly, but i would set aside $3,000 - $8,000 every year for your dog.

• I just bought a purebred toy poodle going on 2 weeks ago. You should know that for each vet visit - you will be charged once for the visit and incur additional charges for each additional thing you have done. Puppies need a series of booster vaccinations like infants do, plus heartworm med and flea booster, each need to be given once a month. You will also need the basics, food, leash, collar, harness, toys. Few chew toys, a nylon bone is best. Rawhide will be swallowed and can get stuck in their throat (more problemative for small dogs). The dog needs plenty of fresh water. Plus some dogs need to be professionally groomed which costs money. Or you can do it yourself, bath and cut their hair if they are not shedders.Plenty of love and your time is also needed.Hope this helps.Cindy