My dog has motion sickness, when we go in the car?

My dog is 5 months old, and whenever we go into a car she gets scared, and eventually, or most of time throws up. Will this eventually go away????

My dog is 5 months old, and whenever we go into a car she gets scared, and eventually, or most of time throws up. Will this eventually go away????...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog has motion sickness, when we go in the car?...

• My dog has motion sickness, when we go in the car?

My dog has motion sickness, when we go in the car? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is 5 months old, and whenever we go into a car she gets scared, and eventually, or most of time throws up. Will this eventually go away????

My dog has motion sickness, when we go in the car? General Dog Discussions
    • It does eventually go away but it may take a long time. You can give your dog Dramamine( it is for motion sickness) and put static strips (rubber strips)under the car. I finally got my dog to over come the carsickness by just having him sit in the car(in a crate) while it was running for a couple of hours now he loves going in the car. I know how you feel because I had the problem for 7 months, it was really awful but it really does get better.

• It will probably get better. Your vet can give you some ACE tablets. They work great. They're mild tranquilizers. Also take her in the car often for fun trips, so that the car isn't associated with only scary things like drives to the vet's office.

• One of our dogs also gets motion sickness. The vet said that we could give him Dramamine, although we haven't tried it yet. Many dogs get used to the car and most puppies outgrow it, which is why we waited until he'd been in the car many times to ask about medication.I hope she does outgrow it. I feel your pain about the cleanup.

• Hopefully, she will grow out of it. If she is afraid of the car, let her sit in it with the door open for a few minutes. Do this every day for a week or so, until she feels more comfortable. Then start driving her a very short distance every day, until she gets the idea that going in the car is a treat.You can get acepromazine from your vet, which you administer half an hour before leaving. This will calm her and will prevent her getting sick.I have a 4 year old Great Dane, who still gets car sick every time he goes with me. I've had others with the same problem, but they outgrew it as puppies. So I have to give him pills just for a 10 minute drive. But he is an extreme case, most dogs get over car sickness quite well.