What happens when puppies get worms after vaccinations ?

Is it normal to have diarrhea ? Its really liquidy and stuff , and their stomachs are really fat . My mom fed them at 8 am but their stomachs are really big .Yeah , Ithey got worms 3 days after i gave them their first shots and diarhhea is that even…

Is it normal to have diarrhea ? Its really liquidy and stuff , and their stomachs are really fat . My mom fed them at 8 am but their stomachs are really big .Yeah , Ithey got worms 3 days after i gave them their first shots and diarhhea is that even…...
    General Dog Discussions : What happens when puppies get worms after vaccinations ?...

• What happens when puppies get worms after vaccinations ?

What happens when puppies get worms after vaccinations ? General Dog Discussions
      Is it normal to have diarrhea ? Its really liquidy and stuff , and their stomachs are really fat . My mom fed them at 8 am but their stomachs are really big .Yeah , Ithey got worms 3 days after i gave them their first shots and diarhhea is that even normal ?? Their parvo shots

What happens when puppies get worms after vaccinations ? General Dog Discussions
    • They very likely already had worms. you don't get worms form the vaccine. Where they given worm meds when the vet saw them? They need to be wormed several times with vet quality wormer. Their bellies are full of worms and they are taking all of the puppies nutrients. If you don't know the answer to a question like this you should not be vaccinating your puppies. It is dangerous if you don't know what you are doing!

• they can get dehydrated and can sometimes die get them to a vet he she is in pain/ discomfort stop feeding them right now .I hope you will take them to the vets. Dogs should be wormed every 3 months ask a vet there are inexpensive products but i buy mine from the vets as there health is important to me all the timeParvo shots only protect ,please if you love your dogs take them to the Vets Now! some vets allow you to pay in installments too!

• Worms have nothing to do with shots. How do you know they have worms? Did you see any? Did you have a fecal sample tested?You should have been deworming them from the time they were two weeks old! Almost ALL puppies are born with worms that pass through the placenta.http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=0+1774&aid=1088

• First, it takes longer than three days for the life cycle of the worm. The vaccination did not cause the worms, they have had them for some time. I don't know how old they are but worms can be fatal to puppies, make no mistake about it! Mom will need to be de-wormed as well. In fact, if you have any other dogs in the household they will need to be de-wormed. If they drink out of the same water bowl, they most likely had the worms passed on to them. Puppies usually get the worms passed on from mom through the milk. The diarrhea could be cause by either the worms or the vaccination. And the diarrhea can be fatal if the pups get dehydrated.So this is what you are going to do, take a stool sample to your vet for testing, it should not cost you more than $20.00 if it comes back positive for worms, get the medication from the vet. It usually goes by weight so know the weight of the pups and mamma's weight and/or any other dog in the home you will need to treat. This would be the most cost effective way for you to do this. The pups usually require two treatments. The first treatment than usually two weeks after. Now if you are placing the pups in a home soon, you can let the new owners know you gave them the initial treatment, but they will be required to do the 2nd treatment. Now to save the new owners some money, make sure you keep the name and dosage of the treatment for each pup and pass the information on to the new owner so they can just go to the vet and request the medication. They will love you for the information, cause as you know, puppies are a big expense when starting out.BTW you do know they should have been de-wormed before starting their vaccination series and you should not vaccinate a sick dog. I don't think worms qualify as sick through. I recently met a breeder who was on the outs with his breeding mentor. He just had a litter and was not knowledgeable about breeding. The litter went though the normal process and had worms. Trying to save money he did not take them to the vet when they got sick. He thought it was parvo and treated them as such. Then when he found out it was worms, he took the cheap route and bought the over the counter medicine. He lost all 10 pup to worms and they were 8 to 10 weeks old and had homes they were promised too at $2,000.00 per pup. So if you do not know what you are doing and are in over your head always go to the vet and learn from him. Then as your knowledge increase there will be symptoms and sickness you will become familiar with and will know how to handle it. You will always need the vet in one way or another. Let him diagnose and prescribe, but for the most part you will be able to do the treatment yourself, that is when you will be able to save yourself some money. But until you know what you are doing, please do not gamble with these little guys lives.Good Luck!