What sorts of tricks to teach my border collie and how to teach them?

I have a super smart almost 2 year old border collie. She is very tame and listens VERY well! She knows how to give high fives and catch treats in the air. Last year I taught her to jump through a hula hoop. But as the cold weather came I couldn't keep…

I have a super smart almost 2 year old border collie. She is very tame and listens VERY well! She knows how to give high fives and catch treats in the air. Last year I taught her to jump through a hula hoop. But as the cold weather came I couldn't keep…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What sorts of tricks to teach my border collie and how to teach them?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What sorts of tricks to teach my border collie and how to teach them?

What sorts of tricks to teach my border collie and how to teach them? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a super smart almost 2 year old border collie. She is very tame and listens VERY well! She knows how to give high fives and catch treats in the air. Last year I taught her to jump through a hula hoop. But as the cold weather came I couldn't keep up with it. Now that it's warm again I tried to get her to do it but she was afraid of the hoop! So if you could help with that too it would be awesome!! Thanks!

What sorts of tricks to teach my border collie and how to teach them? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Re-introduce her slowly to the hula hoop and make it a positive, fun association. Feed her around it, beside it, and in it. Practice jumping over things other than the hula hoop before you string it all together again.Lack of practice gets anyone's confidence down.Some websites at the bottom with interesting tricks and directions.Good luck!