What do I do if my dog feels sick on the bus?

I found out that dogs are allowed on the busses in my city and my dog's small so I'll keep her in my lap the whole way, but the journey will be half an hour to an hour to the countryside and I'm scared she'll throw up. She was sick on the way home from…

I found out that dogs are allowed on the busses in my city and my dog's small so I'll keep her in my lap the whole way, but the journey will be half an hour to an hour to the countryside and I'm scared she'll throw up. She was sick on the way home from…...
    General Dog Discussions : What do I do if my dog feels sick on the bus?...

• What do I do if my dog feels sick on the bus?

What do I do if my dog feels sick on the bus? General Dog Discussions
      I found out that dogs are allowed on the busses in my city and my dog's small so I'll keep her in my lap the whole way, but the journey will be half an hour to an hour to the countryside and I'm scared she'll throw up. She was sick on the way home from the breeders when she was a puppy and has only been in the car once since. She wasn't sick the second time but the journey wasn't as long.

What do I do if my dog feels sick on the bus? General Dog Discussions
    • You should start taking her on small car rides, start with just a ten minute ride. This will get her used to the sensation of the moving vehicle. Also, why are you bringing her to the country? If its not necessary, I wouldn't take her on a bus. You could also not give her breakfast that morning, which will help with an upset stomach, however if you are bringing her to run around she really should eat.

• Check with your vet on the dose...but ginger root is really good for preventing car sickness. I have a 7 month old irish setter that gets sick if the car ride is over 20 minutes long. Just check with the vet about how much you can give your size dog.Good luck!