Just found out my yorkie was pregnant?

I live in Texas and was wondering how much the first shots and dewormings would cost me!!!

I live in Texas and was wondering how much the first shots and dewormings would cost me!!!...
    General Dog Discussions : Just found out my yorkie was pregnant?...

• Just found out my yorkie was pregnant?

Just found out my yorkie was pregnant? General Dog Discussions
      I live in Texas and was wondering how much the first shots and dewormings would cost me!!!

Just found out my yorkie was pregnant? General Dog Discussions
    • Forget the shots and worming, start saving your pennies. With a small dog like a yorkie (any idea how big the father is?) your big concern needs to be a c-section. Average cost of a c-section $2000. Maybe you should think about an emergency spay?

• Some vets will do the 8 week vaccination and health certificates with de-wormings for as little as $20 and others $100 per puppy. You will have to shop around. Also, puppies need to be de-wormed at 2,4,6 & 8 weeks of age... So does the mother dog who will be eating the feces of her pups. Therefore she will become infested with worms as well. You will either need to bring everyone in every two weeks to be de-wormed or you'll need to buy the de-wormer from the vet and learn how to administer it. With puppies as small as yorkie puppies, you will want to invest in a baby weight scale to make sure you're providing the correct amount of wormer. Also, it's smart to bring stool samples of the litter into the vet around 5 weeks of age so it can be checked for parasites like Giardia and Coccidia. Otherwise, if pups are infected, they could die or need to be treated and quarrentined until the reccomended amount of time has passed. Alot more than simple shots and dewormings. At the least possible amount, you're looking at spending around $50 a puppy for simple medical treatment. I had a litter become ill one time. When one becomes ill it spreads like the plague. If that happens, you can look to spend hundreds of dollars easy to save everyone. Always be prepared for the worst case scenarios.