ok, now for people who aren't against a raw diet for a dog?

i'm not asking your opinion on if a raw diet is helthier or not, or if you're against it or not, i'm asking for the cost for a 90 lb dog, and how much you would feed him each day. if you're going to answer and tell me how bad a raw diet is, please save…

i'm not asking your opinion on if a raw diet is helthier or not, or if you're against it or not, i'm asking for the cost for a 90 lb dog, and how much you would feed him each day. if you're going to answer and tell me how bad a raw diet is, please save…...
    General Dog Discussions : ok, now for people who aren't against a raw diet for a dog?...

• ok, now for people who aren't against a raw diet for a dog?

ok, now for people who aren't against a raw diet for a dog? General Dog Discussions
      i'm not asking your opinion on if a raw diet is helthier or not, or if you're against it or not, i'm asking for the cost for a 90 lb dog, and how much you would feed him each day. if you're going to answer and tell me how bad a raw diet is, please save your time as i'm just going to give you a thumbs down. i talked to the vet about this already and she thinks as long as i ease him into it there should be no problems, or start out as a treat. any other suggestions on easing him into it as well?

ok, now for people who aren't against a raw diet for a dog? General Dog Discussions
    • The same as i posted on the last question.You know you're just going to draw attention to yourself from trolls by posting the question for a second time like that.

• http://www.trojanrottweilers.com/raw%20diet.htmhttp://www.trojanrottweilers.com/barfpage.htmHope these websites help give you an idea not only how much to feed, but what to feed. I fed raw for a while. It is not cheap. Now, I occasionally add some raw hamburg or chicken to their food, but not the entire raw diet. It got to be too expensive for me. http://www.k-9kraving.com/ This website has already prepared, fully regulated, complete raw diets for your dog. You simply need to figure out how much to feed. I believe they have a chart for that too. I used the k-9 kravings because I wanted to make sure they got a complete diet and I missed nothing.

• IS IT SO FREAKING HARD FOR YOU TO JUST BUY YOUR DOG NORMAL DOG FOOD???!!!!I GUESS IF YOU WANT YOUR DOG TO LIVE LESS YEARS AND WITH MORE HEALTH ISSUES, THEN GO AHEAD. I HOPE YOU HAVE THE MONEY FOR ALL THE HEALTH ISSUES HE'LL ENCOUNTER.

• I am with Immortal on your previous post...it will depend on the deals you can get. Getting with hunters and butchers will be your key. Also, I am very pro-raw diet, though I feed dry Taste of the Wild, and you might want to look into this food until you can locate good sources for your raw transition. TOTW is whole food based, and grain free. Keep in mind the raw foods though, just as with people, you want high quality. I don't mean high quality cuts, but no hormones, no antibiotics, preferably free range, etc. Hunters could be a wonderful source, even if they do use feed corn. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

• Easing him into it is a bad idea IMO. I think the best way is a straight swap, cut out the commercial rubbish as soon as possible.Start with just one or two different muscle meats (chicken wings and minced beef are good starter foods) and once he's settled on them introduce more variety. Just one or two meats isn't good long term, but taking it slowly regards introducing new foods will help him adjust initially.The recommendations are to feed 2-3% of your dogs ideal adult weight per day. This should comprise approximately 80% muscle meat, 10% organ meat and 10% bone. AJhttp://pets.freeforums.org

• It's bad...my neighbor thought he was big sh!t when he fed his dog a raw diet...and I kept my mouth shut as I didn't agree...well his dog died and I feed mine California Natural which has salmon and sweet potatoes!! My Black Lab and Siberian Husky are very healthy and they don't stink like smelly dogs!

• I started feeding my dog the raw diet because he had some health issues and in doing so ALL of his health issues were resolved. Do not listen to what some people say listen to the professionals and people who have experience. I have a 103 lbs Lab and I spend about $30.00 every 6 days. It adds up and I do not go out of my way to find discounts. I could cut the cost but it is fine for me to spend that much money because I know my dog is getting the best and I am saving HUGE on vet bills.

• cost really depends on how smart you shop..it can actually be cheaper than kibble. Expecially if you invest in a freezer, buy in bulk.. check out butcher shops and buy the scrap peices.. some people get extra meat thru freecycle or craigslist even from hunters.It can be quite costly if you're buying more expensive meats.dogs eat approx 2-4% of their body weight daily.. growing puppies, highly active dogs, and pregnant/lactating females require more.. an over weight or less active dog may require less..3% of 90 pds would be about 2 1/2 pds or so every day.ADDEDMy dog has digestive problems, and I did NOT "ease into it".. I started the raw diet "cold turkey".. (eh, maybe the pun is intended?)Start with ONE meat.. chicken is ussually popular, its fairly cheap and easy to get.. bonier meals are probably best also, as bone will help firm up the stools.As he adjusts to the diet, you can slowly introduce other meats and organs.

• I had help from a couple people who had experience in switching their dogs over, but they all say the same thing. do it cold turkey. in terms of starting out slow, that is good, if it means starting out with one kind of meat, like chicken, and then gradually start introducing other meats.here is more info on it.http://rawfed.com/myths/switch.html