Best dog food for a yorkie?

I want his hair to be shiny and straight.

I want his hair to be shiny and straight....
    General Dog Discussions : Best dog food for a yorkie?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Best dog food for a yorkie?

Best dog food for a yorkie? General Dog Discussions
      I want his hair to be shiny and straight.

Best dog food for a yorkie? General Dog Discussions
    • It is very hard to determine the best food for a dog just based on his breed. You need to take into account age, price range, medical history, Location, and past foods. I can give you a few brands that may help your narrow down your searchRoyal Canin - Found pretty much everywhere, have a special adult yorkie formula and a mini puppy formula, recommended by vets, a little more expensive, ingredients are not "natural" but they are very very effective (No fillers)Acana - Small breed puppy formula, and burbank chicken and potato. Found mostly in Canada, mid price range, very natural ingredients, lots of fish to help that shiny coat.Go! - Sine and sensitivity adult formula, made for sensitive stomachs and shiny coats. very healthy ingredients, should be found in the US and Canada.I can almost guarantee that if you feed your dog cheap food, he will not have as good as a coat as if you invested money into him. Your dog will be a lot healthier on good food which increases his lifespan and decreases the amount of money on vet bills. Best of luck.

• The condition of his hair is more influenced by his background than what you feed him. Any of the good kibbles that don't contain any corn, wheat, soy, by-products or chicken would be just fine and if his genes are good, his coat will be too.Some owners add fish oil capsules to their dogs diet, however this adds nutrients but does nothing for the coat no matter what you may read.