vaccinations recommended for six week old puppy?

There's an ad on pennswoods.net for a litter of Australian Cattle Dogs, they'll be six weeks old on September 25TH and it says in the ad that they will have their first shots and be dewormed. When i go to get this puppy and bring it home what should the…

There's an ad on pennswoods.net for a litter of Australian Cattle Dogs, they'll be six weeks old on September 25TH and it says in the ad that they will have their first shots and be dewormed. When i go to get this puppy and bring it home what should the…...
    General Dog Discussions : vaccinations recommended for six week old puppy?...

• vaccinations recommended for six week old puppy?

vaccinations recommended for six week old puppy? General Dog Discussions
      There's an ad on pennswoods.net for a litter of Australian Cattle Dogs, they'll be six weeks old on September 25TH and it says in the ad that they will have their first shots and be dewormed. When i go to get this puppy and bring it home what should the vaccination schedule be for the first year?sorry, i rechecked the dates listed and they'll be 7 1/2 weeks old on the 25TH. but i agree, that's still a bit young.

vaccinations recommended for six week old puppy? General Dog Discussions
    • The first shot is already done when you pick up puppy the next shot is at 3 months old after that immune system has been satisfied, I have raised 4 dogs and now I have two handsome males whom I love more than people. Often people misunderstand dogs, I stopped giving my dogs any sort of vaccination including rabies and both interact with other dogs and ages 13/11 ane the only time either of them has been to the Vet had been because of a growth of leg issue other then that mommy is vidual over her boys and provides their every need, remember dogs love us unconditional that is why we should treat them as gifts and blessings

• The best advice for vaccinations will come directly fro your vet. Generally dogs should get the first DHPP at 6 weeks and then evey 3-4 weeks after that until about 15-16 weeks old. The first Bordetella and Lyme shots can be started around 12 weeks (then repeated in 3 weeks) and Rabies at 15 weeks. Puppies need alot of shots and the cost can add up fast! On a side note, most vets recommend spay/neuter between 4-6 months for optimum benefits in reducing cancer risks.One other thing slightly off subject - Pups should stay with mom until they are at least 8 weeks old; 9 is best. If the breeder is offering toseparatee them sooner - go somewhere else! That's a sign they are not a responsible breeder and not in it for the right reasons. My advice would be to adopt. Just check Petfinder.com - there are always Blue Heelers (Aus. Cattle Dogs) looking for homes. You'll save a life and alot of money