My dog only got 2 of her puppy vaccines, she is now 4 years old, can I re-vaccinate her?

I haven't vaccinated her, only twice, because I've actually kept forgetting about it, but I want to do it now. Which vaccines should she be getting now?I'm also questioning about the price, around how much will it be? $50? $100? $200? Thank you for the…

My dog only got 2 of her puppy vaccines, she is now 4 years old, can I re-vaccinate her?

I haven't vaccinated her, only twice, because I've actually kept forgetting about it, but I want to do it now. Which vaccines should she be getting now?I'm also questioning about the price, around how much will it be? $50? $100? $200? Thank you for the…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog only got 2 of her puppy vaccines, she is now 4 years old, can I re-vaccinate her?...

• My dog only got 2 of her puppy vaccines, she is now 4 years old, can I re-vaccinate her?

My dog only got 2 of her puppy vaccines, she is now 4 years old, can I re-vaccinate her? General Dog Discussions
      I haven't vaccinated her, only twice, because I've actually kept forgetting about it, but I want to do it now. Which vaccines should she be getting now?I'm also questioning about the price, around how much will it be? $50? $100? $200? Thank you for the answers.

My dog only got 2 of her puppy vaccines, she is now 4 years old, can I re-vaccinate her? General Dog Discussions
    • She probably needs a rabies vaccine to comply with the LAW, the rest you should talk over with your vet. If you want the best, have a titer done for the other vaccines, she might not even need them.

• Price and vaccine recommendations will vary depending on the area you live in. You can draw blood to titer (check your dogs current levels of antibodies), but this is typically more expensive than just boosting the vaccines anyway. I would say at least do a heart-worm test, check a stool sample, and do get a rabies vaccine and distemper combo. If you are around other dogs (dog parks or whatnot), you might consider a bordatella (kennel cough) vaccine as well. In my area, you would expect to pay around $150 for the exam, heart-worm test, fecal test, and the three vaccines. You might also consider putting your dog on a heart-worm preventative, many of which also control fleas and ticks.Some other vaccines your vet might recommend would be a Lyme vaccine or possibly the new Parvo vaccine. This new strain of parvo has forced many shelters in my area to completely shut down and euthanize all the dogs in the kennels.By the way, rabies vaccines can be licensed for more than one year once your dog has had one. So next year, your rabies vaccine may be good for 2 or 3 years.