what shots do you need to get your puppy and how much do they cost?

what shots do you need to get your puppy and how much do they cost?...
    General Dog Discussions : what shots do you need to get your puppy and how much do they cost?...

• what shots do you need to get your puppy and how much do they cost?

what shots do you need to get your puppy and how much do they cost? General Dog Discussions

what shots do you need to get your puppy and how much do they cost? General Dog Discussions
    • you have to get their rabies shots once a year... and the worm prevention one... i dont remember the others but look for a non profit group on the web to see if you have one in your area...like in oklahoma we have Stopping Pet Overpopulations Together or SPOT Clinic for short ... it only cost me 65 for everythign and to get her fixed... becuase the are a non profit group.... so check to see if you have one

• The only required vaccine (by law) is the Rabies vaccine. The Distemper (DHLPP/C) vaccine is optional, but recommended. It protects against upper respiratory infections. Here are other optional vaccines:Bordatella (kennel cough- only recommended if your dog will be around other dogs where you do not know their vaccine history: daycare, school, groomers, dog parks).Lepto (depending on where you live)Lyme (depending on where you live)Our clinic charges $18 for each vaccine, including Rabies.Supposing you are going to vaccinate your dog for all the vaccines above, here is the recommended ages:* 8 weeks: DHLPP/C #1, Bordatella, Lepto #1 and Lyme #1 AND bring a fecal sample!!* 12 weeks: DHLPP/C #2, Lepto #2, Lyme #2, Rabies (most Vets will make Rabies a 1 year vaccine the first year and then it will become a 3 year and will only need to be boosted every 3 years).* 16 weeks: DHLPP/C #3, Lyme #3At his big one year exam it is highly recommended that you have a heartworm check (bloodtest). Also, please keep your little one on heartworm prevention year-round (Heartguard, Interceptor).

• The puppy shots are a 7-way injection every 4 weeks till 16 weeks of age. At or just after 6 mo of age, you need to do Kennel Cough (Bordatella), rabies, heartworm testing to start monthly heartworm treatment. Each year you need an annual booster on the 7-way, bordatella, rabies and Kennel Couth vaccines.You'll have to call your local vets and see if there are any clinics in your area. If you can locate the clinics, that's a savings for most people on the cost of the annual boosters. Prices vary from doctor to doctor and from area to area.

• Canine Distemper VirusCanine ParvovirusCanine CoronavirusParainfluenzaCanine Adenovirus-1Canine Adenovirus-2Canine Lyme DiseaseCanine LeptospirosisCanine Giardiaand of course -Rabies!Prices vary depending on vets. We got my newest pups done for $40 each visit and we made 3 visits 3 weeks apart from eachother, so altogether it was $120. They sell dog shots at feedstores though. At the one by my house they sell a 7-in-1 dog shot for $6, so you could do it yourself if you know how, but the Rabies vaccine must be done by a vet so the dog can be liscensed (at least where I live it does)