At how many weeks should puppies get their shots...such as those that protect from parvo?

At how many weeks should puppies get their shots...such as those that protect from parvo?

At how many weeks should puppies get their shots...such as those that protect from parvo?...
    General Dog Discussions : At how many weeks should puppies get their shots...such as those that protect from parvo?...

• At how many weeks should puppies get their shots...such as those that protect from parvo?

At how many weeks should puppies get their shots...such as those that protect from parvo? General Dog Discussions

At how many weeks should puppies get their shots...such as those that protect from parvo? General Dog Discussions
    • At 14 weeks of age, they should be current on all puppy shots. Neo-Par is, in my opinion, the best parvo vaccine. Ask your vet what age would be the best age to have this vaccine. Some very tiny dogs (like Chihuahuas) may need to be older (because of weight) than other types of dogs.

• Canine distemper-Hepatitis-Paraingluenza is a series of shots injected into the muscle of the hind limb at 3 to 4 weeks of age then again at 14 to 16 weeks of age all dogs regardless of age should receive 2 doses of vaccine in order to ensure adequate levels of immunity against canine para influenza and parvo virus. hope this helps

• 2 weeks. They should start getting their shots at two weeks of age. I even asked a vet. Because I got a female that just had puppies 4 weeks ago. So I can promise you my information is correct.

• Good job on wanting to get your puppy vaccinated!!Puppy vaccines are generally done in a series of 3, at 8, 12, and 16 weeks. After that, your dog will be all set for a year, and will only need yearly boosters. As a sidenote, spaying or neutering is usually done at around 6 months. As for what they're vaccinated for, the basic vaccines (at least here in Ontatio) protect against distemper, hepatitis, parainfluenza, parvovirus and rabies. Depending on where you're located and how prevalent ticks are in your area, your vet may also recommend vaccinating against lyme and leptospirosis. They'll also probably recommend a dewormer as worms are very common in puppies. I hope that helps, and good luck with your puppy!