Will a pregnancy test be able to tell me if my chihuahua is preg?

I think she might be pregnant. She's been hanging out with my male chihuahua a lot lately.Yea, I'm hoping she's not pregnant.I was actually planning on getting her spayed next month, but this so happened to come up.

I think she might be pregnant. She's been hanging out with my male chihuahua a lot lately.Yea, I'm hoping she's not pregnant.I was actually planning on getting her spayed next month, but this so happened to come up....
    General Dog Discussions : Will a pregnancy test be able to tell me if my chihuahua is preg?...

• Will a pregnancy test be able to tell me if my chihuahua is preg?

Will a pregnancy test be able to tell me if my chihuahua is preg? General Dog Discussions
      I think she might be pregnant. She's been hanging out with my male chihuahua a lot lately.Yea, I'm hoping she's not pregnant.I was actually planning on getting her spayed next month, but this so happened to come up.

Will a pregnancy test be able to tell me if my chihuahua is preg? General Dog Discussions
    • How about you go to your vet instead of using something HUMANS use? I think that'll work better. And, you should probably Spay and neuter your dogs. It'll be MUCH safer that way.

• No, it will not. Bring your female to the vet and do a spay. This can tell you if she was pregnant. Then, bring your male to the vet and fix him. The last thing the world needs are more Backyard Breeder Chihuahuas.

• No, a human pregnancy test will NOT work on a dog. Come on, use some common sense. Why aren't your dogs spayed and neutered? Doesn't it bother you that for each pup that you bring into this world, one will be euthanized in a shelter? What you do, is take your dog to the vet's and have an abort and spay done immediately. You really should be ashamed of yourself.

• Do u mean a human pregnancy test? Maybe Try it! The Vet will have to do an ultrasound to see. So try the CHEAP version first and then if that isn't conclusive go to the vet! GOOD LUCK

• I doubt it. Human pregnanct tests turn positive when they recognise the hormone HCG (Human Chronic Gonadotrophin) and even if dogs/other animals have this hormone, it probably consists of different chemicals.Take you dog to the vet, where he/she will be able to feel her abdomen and tell you if she's pregnant. She's a small dog, so you'll know it soon enough!Good luck if you do have puppies but seeing as you have a male too, it would probably be best to get one or both of them neutered following the birth, not only for your sake but because it won't be healthy for your female to constantly be pregnant, which she will be as you seem to have a randy little male running around too!