How much worm medicine do i give to my puppy?

I have heard that you can give your puppy worm medicine from weeks 2, 4, 6, and 8. But then i hear that your not suppose to till they are 6 or 8 weeks. i'm so confused. My puppy is throwing up his milk, and i'm not sure if i'm suppose to give him his…

I have heard that you can give your puppy worm medicine from weeks 2, 4, 6, and 8. But then i hear that your not suppose to till they are 6 or 8 weeks. i'm so confused. My puppy is throwing up his milk, and i'm not sure if i'm suppose to give him his…...
    General Dog Discussions : How much worm medicine do i give to my puppy?...

• How much worm medicine do i give to my puppy?

How much worm medicine do i give to my puppy? General Dog Discussions
      I have heard that you can give your puppy worm medicine from weeks 2, 4, 6, and 8. But then i hear that your not suppose to till they are 6 or 8 weeks. i'm so confused. My puppy is throwing up his milk, and i'm not sure if i'm suppose to give him his worming now or wait till hes 6-8 weeks. He is a Toy Pomeranian and is 4 weeks old and weighs 24 ounces. From him only being 4 weeks, when do i start feeding him bits of puppy food? He is wanting to eat 3-4 times a day and takes in a whole bottle (very small bottle for puppies). He is very healthy. He loves to play around, tug at things and loves to play with the mother. We have been nursing him since he was 2 days old. We made sure he got what he could get from the mother first. She had dried up after the 1st day. He is the only one that had survived since he was a twin. Please, can someone please help me out? Thank you very much.

How much worm medicine do i give to my puppy? General Dog Discussions
    • Don't feed a puppy Milk! You can look on a label of the Worm medicine to find out how much to give your puppy. If that does not work ask a Veterinarian.

• You need to be getting guidance from your vet. A puppy this small who is vomiting is a veterinary emergency. I would call him NOW. A toy breed dog who weighs less than two pounds is at serious risk for becoming dangerously dehydrated. And never give medication, worming medication, anything you can buy over the counter to a sick puppy unless your vet has examined her and specifically tells you to.If you can not reach the vet now and if you can not afford to take her to the emergency vet hospital now, which is what I would strongly advise, then you must work very hard to keep her from becoming dehydrated over night. A puppy this small can become dangerously dehydrated in a matter of hours. I can't emphasize enough how important it is to get her to a vet, but I also understand the realities of how expensive that is especially if you have to use an after hours emergency hospital. But if you can't take her to the vet NOW, then you then must take care to keep her hydrated until you can see your own vet in the morning. I would brew a pot of coffee - for YOU, not HER ;) - because this is going to be a long night for you. She is a tiny pup who is at serious risk and she needs you to attend to her needs overnight.First, do NOT give her the milk you drink. Call an all night pharmacy and ask if they stock puppy replacement milk. That is what she needs. If the pharmacy has puppy replacement milk, buy a bottle of that and also a bottle of clear, unflavored Pedialyte, which is an electrolyte replacement for babies. It's in the baby food and diaper aisle. Mix it half and half with the puppy replacement formula and feed her that as long as she's vomiting. If you can't find the puppy replacement, for tonight, give her small amounts of fat free clear chicken broth. Mix an ounce of broth with 1/4 teaspoon sugar - NOT sugar substitute. If you have an all night pharmacy get the pedialyte and mix it with the broth. You can buy a medication syringe in the baby section of the pharmacy and use that to feed her. If you can't find one, look for a medicine dropper -- they have them at the pharmacy. You will literally be giving her drops of fluid every 10-15 minutes. Nudge it into the side of her mouth and give her just a few drops at a time. She will be able to tolerate a few drops. Then wait a half a minute and give another few drops. Give her about a quarter teaspoon altogether to start over a couple of minutes and if she tolerates that with no vomiting for 15-20 minutes, give her a a little more. Even a puppy who is vomiting can hold a quarter teaspoon down. Just don't push it. She should get at least 1-2 teaspoons per half hour, twice that if she'll tolerate it. If she starts vomiting, back off a bit and just give a few drops of pedialyte every few minutes. Hold her in your lap in some towels. It may dribble from her mouth and she may pee in your lap so wear old clothes and pad your lap..Puppies this small who can not nurse need puppy milk replacement, NOT regular milk from the grocery store. She should be getting the puppy replacement milk for the next few weeks. If you can't find it at a pharmacy, the vet stocks it and you can get it there. The worming medicine should come from the vet. Do not use the stuff in the grocery store. Use what the vet recommends.Also, she will need to start getting her series of puppy shots from the vet as well, but not until the vet says she is healthy enough to begin the series. Just so that you understand, when experienced, reputable breeders give dogs worming medicine and puppy shots, they are giving the same medicines and vaccines that the vet gives, and according to the same schedule, and they are generally doing this under veterinary supervision. They do not get something off the shelf at Publix. Our breeder has the vet make house calls to see her puppies and she gets her vaccines from him. This is not something that the individual puppy owner should be doing on their own.