What happens when a dog swallows a lighter?

My Golder Retriever puppy swallowed a miniature BIC lighter. Will it travel through her intestines and be eliminated? Or should I call the vet? I am really worried, she is in a major chewing stage.

My Golder Retriever puppy swallowed a miniature BIC lighter. Will it travel through her intestines and be eliminated? Or should I call the vet? I am really worried, she is in a major chewing stage....
    General Dog Discussions : What happens when a dog swallows a lighter?...

• What happens when a dog swallows a lighter?

What happens when a dog swallows a lighter? General Dog Discussions
      My Golder Retriever puppy swallowed a miniature BIC lighter. Will it travel through her intestines and be eliminated? Or should I call the vet? I am really worried, she is in a major chewing stage.

What happens when a dog swallows a lighter? General Dog Discussions
    • VET!!!!!! If the lighter was actually filled, it contained fluids that could easily kill your puppy. Thats like you swallowing a cup of gasoline. Yeah. Not good. the prices for the vet are steep, but your puppy is worth it. Good luck.

• You should take your dog to the vet and have her examined. The lighter fluid is a concern, and the lighter itself is a concern if it punctures her intestines or gets stuck and causes a blockage.