What type of dog should i get my sister?

My sister is very financially stable, single and usually alone at home after work hours and on weekends. She lives in a condo so shes looking for an indoor dog. She's currently deciding between a pug, boston terrier, french <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=664b2185310ae81d14975cc10b31c921f166624f">bulldog</a>, and bullnese. Which…

My sister is very financially stable, single and usually alone at home after work hours and on weekends. She lives in a condo so shes looking for an indoor dog. She's currently deciding between a pug, boston terrier, french <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=664b2185310ae81d14975cc10b31c921f166624f">bulldog</a>, and bullnese. Which…...
    General Dog Discussions : What type of dog should i get my sister?...

• What type of dog should i get my sister?

What type of dog should i get my sister? General Dog Discussions
      My sister is very financially stable, single and usually alone at home after work hours and on weekends. She lives in a condo so shes looking for an indoor dog. She's currently deciding between a pug, boston terrier, french bulldog, and bullnese. Which of these dogs would you guys consider best? Please don't tell me to go to the pound. I adopted my boston terrier from their along with my shepherd mix and my sister is looking to raise a puppy for a change. Thanks for all your input!excuse me, i should rephrase what i previously stated. Which of those dogs stated would you recomend she would get. I'm paying as an early christmas present. sorry for the misunderstandingexcuse me, i should rephrase what i previously stated. Which of those dogs stated would you recomend she would get. I'm paying as an early christmas present. sorry for the misunderstandingexcuse me, i should rephrase what i previously stated. Which of those dogs stated would you recomend she would get. I'm paying as an early christmas present for her. sorry for the misunderstanding

What type of dog should i get my sister? General Dog Discussions
    • Let your sister choose her OWN dog. You can go along and pay for the dog if you wish but basically SHE needs to be making the decision since she will be the owner. No good breeder would sell to you for someone else and no legitimate rescue would place a dog with you for her. If you want to help her, help her learn about the breeds and decide which would be best for her and help her find a responsible breeder of that breed and learn more and she will need to discuss things with that breeder. If someone will sell you a puppy for her, run the opposite direction because they are not a good breeder and you will not be doing your sister any favors. Lots of 'gift' dogs end up in rescues and pounds.

• French Bulldog! I love Frenchies :)No, really - You can't just choose a dog based on looks. All three breeds (never heard of a bullnese? Is it one of those cross bred mutts that get sold with a pure bred price tag?) are suitable for indoor living. They all have fairly similar personalities, Pugs are happy things that can have a lot of breathing difficulties, Boston Terriers are inquisitive little things, most terriers have a tendancy to chase things, French Bulldogs, well they are just plain and simply CUTE! Take a look at hereditary problems that are present for each breed in your country, the last thing you want is to buy something for your sister that she will be paying vet bills for for the rest of it's life. Do the research, buy from a registered breeder with a good reputation. Don't be too impatient to go on a waiting list, best thing I ever did was wait 6 months for my puppy, he's flawless.If she's so keen to raise a puppy make sure she books it into puppy preschool, there is nothing more fun and beneficial than PPS :)

• I recommend you ask your sister to figure out which breed suits her best, find a reputable and responsible breeder, and tell you. A dog is a lifetime commitment, and it wouldn't be good if you chose a puppy that didn't fit her well. I've never heard of a Bullnese before. Is it another "designer dog"? If so, please don't support anyone who breeds these mutts. I think your sister should be the one choosing her puppy.

• Hi, Jay AMaybe you can consider a Japanese Shiba Inu, it was a loyal dog, and also very independent dog .I have found out this dog is really good for alone person,as it was very independent for a person who always alone,and also will only stick to her owner only,barely bark,quiet,but if the owner want them to playful, they can be playful with the owner, and really enjoy human company, but they need some socializing with dog & people.And it will not shade alot as their coat is hard, straight outer coat with soft ,dense undercoat.And does not eat much. this infore is share from my friend who own 2 of them(one is female the other is male)..as it was really a great dog ,so she bought 1 after the other have go spaying..And you also say consider a boston terrier, it was also a good choice.They are a good dog as it was also loyal dog,sensible,lively,good nature & outgoing,due to they have shortened nose can make breathing dofficult,and it is likely to snore.They have short smooth coat, so not much grooming is needed.They also love human company..And you need to socialized them well with dog & people also.Other then that, it have no other problem.Pls buy dog from pet farm not pet shop..But remember to Spay or Neutering the dog when it was time, and thanks for saving life..