can you clip your dogs nails at....?

hes 8 weeks i think almost 9 but their sharp when hes playing with soft toys they get caught could i clip them? or his he to young hes a german shepherd are they suppose to be like that ?<br />

hes 8 weeks i think almost 9 but their sharp when hes playing with soft toys they get caught could i clip them? or his he to young hes a german shepherd are they suppose to be like that ?<br /> ...
    General Dog Discussions : can you clip your dogs nails at....?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• can you clip your dogs nails at....?

can you clip your dogs nails at....? General Dog Discussions
      hes 8 weeks i think almost 9 but their sharp when hes playing with soft toys they get caught could i clip them? or his he to young hes a german shepherd are they suppose to be like that ?<br />

can you clip your dogs nails at....? General Dog Discussions
    • Yes! Start getting him use too having his paws and nails touched and clipped as soon as you can! Getting him use too the nail clippers while he is young will make it easier when he is full grown! Start off cutting 1-2 nails then give a treat, some play time and then a couple more nails. Make it fun and enjoyable and he will learn that nail clipping time is ok and fun!

• Of course you can clip them. When I use to breed Dobes, I started clipping the pups nails when they were two weeks old with a human fingernail clipper. If you don't know how to do it correctly, have a Vet Tech or Groomer show you how, or have them do it. I use a Dremel tool when the pups are about 10-12 weeks old.