best way to clip dog nails?

dog won't cooperate<br />

dog won't cooperate<br /> ...
    General Dog Discussions : best way to clip dog nails?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• best way to clip dog nails?

best way to clip dog nails? General Dog Discussions
      dog won't cooperate<br />

best way to clip dog nails? General Dog Discussions
    • Are you trying to do it by yourself or do you have someone to hold for you? I can cut my puppy's nails by myself by sitting on the floor with him in between my legs but he does start to fuss as I get to the last paw. It would be best if you could get someone to hold him for you that knows how to do it without getting bit (not that I am saying your dog is a biter but most dogs don't like to get their nails cut and will struggle and if their head is not held right they may wiggle out and bite). <br />
      If you don't have help then you may want to go to Petco or your vet as it is not worth the possibility of getting bit or cutting the quik while trying to cut his nails. Good luck.<br />
      <br />
      You can also try Pedi-Paws which is a motorized nail filer. I haven't used it but many people swear by it.

• Put him on a short leash, let him wear a muzzle, get someone to help you letting the dog sit in one place, and start clipping. <br />
      <br />
      Dog still can't corporate? Take him to the vet or groomer for help.

• I do two things with my dog. 1) I pull his feet back to cut his nails, so he can't see what I'm doing. 2) I bribe him - he gets a little treat after each paw. It's obviously not going to work for the most stubborn of dogs, but works for me.