is 5 mg valium safe for a 10 lb dog?

my dog wont let me youch her paws she bites me she needs her nails cliped could i give her 5 mg of valium

my dog wont let me youch her paws she bites me she needs her nails cliped could i give her 5 mg of valium ...
    General Dog Discussions : is 5 mg valium safe for a 10 lb dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• is 5 mg valium safe for a 10 lb dog?

is 5 mg valium safe for a 10 lb dog? General Dog Discussions
      my dog wont let me youch her paws she bites me she needs her nails cliped could i give her 5 mg of valium

is 5 mg valium safe for a 10 lb dog? General Dog Discussions
    • If you can't trim your own dog's nails then take her to a groomer's or a vet's and have them do it for you. It's cheap. Give her a valium and I'm pretty sure her nails will be the least of your worries.

• Absolutely not! Not only isn't it safe, you can't drug your dog for the rest of her life just because you don't know how to train her. If you can't do it, take her to a groomer or your vet's office.

• DO NOT EVER EVER EVER DRUG A DOG WTHOUT THE DIRECTION OF A VET
      Anyone who answers this question with a dose will be doing so illegally.
      There is no emergency that requires you to clip your dog's nails right now.
      Take her to the vet or the groomer in the morning, and have them do it for you.
      Drugging a dog without the direction of a veterinarian that has examined the dog amounts to abuse, and is a crime, not a convenience.

• You get on your phone, call your vet and ask your vet if it's safe to give your 10 pound dog a 5 mg Valium to trim her nails and the vet will tell you if it's safe or not. I would say No it's not safe to give your dog Valium or any other medication unless you ask your vet and your vet tells you it's ok. Take your dog to a professional groomer or your vet and have her nails trimmed.