My dog broke her nail?

My dog broke her nail today and the whole thing has basicly broken off except one part that is connected by skin. What is the best thing to do for it?

My dog broke her nail?

My dog broke her nail today and the whole thing has basicly broken off except one part that is connected by skin. What is the best thing to do for it? ...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog broke her nail?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My dog broke her nail?

My dog broke her nail? General Dog Discussions
      My dog broke her nail today and the whole thing has basicly broken off except one part that is connected by skin. What is the best thing to do for it?

My dog broke her nail?

My dog broke her nail? General Dog Discussions
    • When an owner brings in their dog with this, we take the dog to the treatment area and either clip it off or pull it off quickly. BUT we have quik stop powder that stops bleeding and numbs the nail. Don't pull it off without getting the powder!

If you just leave it alone until tomorrow, your vet can do it for you. when our clients bring in a pet we've seen within the year, we won't charge anything, unless it's worse than this for some reason and requires a bandage and antibiotics. Most of the time it wouldn't, but I can't see your dog's foot! : )

Keep your dog's nails trimmed to avoid this. Don't forget any dewclaws. They are the worst at getting caught on things. If your dog will allow it, a dremmel works great after you've trimmed.