My vet (banfield) wants 45 dollars for a nail trim are u kidding me?

I heard the groomers is cheaper so I'm probably going to choose one and go there! they want 35 for the consult (yeah...ok what consult??) and 12 for the nail trim. I couldnt believe it, wow how we are gouged these days. What is a cheaper alternative and…

I heard the groomers is cheaper so I'm probably going to choose one and go there! they want 35 for the consult (yeah...ok what consult??) and 12 for the nail trim. I couldnt believe it, wow how we are gouged these days. What is a cheaper alternative and…...
    General Dog Discussions : My vet (banfield) wants 45 dollars for a nail trim are u kidding me?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My vet (banfield) wants 45 dollars for a nail trim are u kidding me?

My vet (banfield) wants 45 dollars for a nail trim are u kidding me? General Dog Discussions
      I heard the groomers is cheaper so I'm probably going to choose one and go there! they want 35 for the consult (yeah...ok what consult??) and 12 for the nail trim. I couldnt believe it, wow how we are gouged these days. What is a cheaper alternative and I DO NOT want to do it myself im too afraid haha. Please help!!

My vet (banfield) wants 45 dollars for a nail trim are u kidding me? General Dog Discussions
    • The consult is the physical exam. Honestly, I would call and see if you can find a different vet that doesn't charge for nail trims. Often this can be done by a vet tech and you wont be charged for an exam. However, you would probably have to be a client/have had an exam by that practice before you could take advantage of that.

• Don't get it done at a Vet. They always cost more money for something that can be done by yourself or by a groomer for alot less.

Go to a Groomer. It will be cheaper then that. $45 sounds alittle to steep just for a nail trimming. go to www.google.com and search your City and State and Dog Groomer (Example) * Jacksonville Florida Dog Groomer. * You will get a list of Dog Groomers in your city & state, or look in the phone book. Don't pay that price tho that is to much.

• i dont trust banfield i went their once at my mothers behest and they nearly cut the vessels in the nails!.

i told them i didnt need his nails clipped they insisted he did i had his nails just as trimmed as they should be .

then then proceeded to try and grab his paw and show me where to trim they pointed to the root of his nail! i wouldnt trust those people witha dead dog let alone a living one.

find another vet some do it for free others charge around 25.00

• thats really strange my vet does it for free, they even showed me how to do it myself safely and told me what tools it need. if you arent a patient there of course they are going to charge you steeply. i suggest you go to your normal vet and get them to help out.